External in levels, midi sync problems

What i’m wondering is if it’s theoretically possible, OS wise, that the incoming signal through the external input can be boosted. Think i read somewhere that it’s not the case. If true, then i might make it standard procedure to set AR’s levels low(er) so that i can take full advantage of the ext in. Should an update fix incoming levels though, then it would be much (double) work to reset all off AR’s kit volumes… Just thinking out loud here

Zero chance of an OS fix to raise those levels … either balance internally or boost externally or use gear with a decent level, plenty of kit sounds just right straight through - the AR has to cater for decent hot gear, so quiet gear will not make the grade - there’s (maybe) no easy scope for an analog trim pot and they obviously didn’t want to add a ADC DAC to the pure analog circuit path … either way, this ain’t gonna change unless they drop the levels of all machines, which would be a greater audio crime … boosting the external signal is best (and most hassle tbh)

1 Like

Hi, thanks. Good to know that. Will figure out the method that suits me best then

1 Like

I own an AK and I’m planning on buying an AR. Any further user experiences regarding the AK level when going into the AR?

should be very serviceable - as per A4 which is in same ballpark level wise i guess - with all bar a few exceptions i think we’d all probably appreciate the convenience of a bit of gain, but it is what it is !

A mixer is a good solution for the external in level, I’ve got all my ext gear going into a mixer, then the output of that going into the AR in so I can use it with overbridge. No level problem at all that way. I guess not an ideal solution if you don’t have one and don’t wanna have to buy more gear. I’m wondering would a pre-amp help?

mono > y-splitter > 2 x mono > stereo
or put it thorough a mono>stereo FX unit