External Send/Return

Hey all, been wrapping my head around this machine for the last couple of years and have really gotten the hang of it. The one thing that’s a little frustrating to me is that it seems the interface could very easily support a send / return system for using external effects using the additional outs and ins.

I’ve found a pretty simple workaround using only the main outs – panning left for dry and right for wet – which can result in some crazy stuff when using P-Locks, but the main disadvantage is obviously a mono output from the dry section. I realize you could just route an entire track to an external output, but there’s so much potential to incorporate P-Locks or simply adjust wet/dry internally.

Anyone have a different solution?

What’s wrong with routing sounds that need external effects to an individual out and returning the effected sound to one or two INPUT GATE machines?

If necessary and possible, you could use MIDI machines to control parameters on your external effects, too.

I guess my main issue is that I would like to retain as much of the dry signal as possible when sending it elsewhere instead of messing with dry/wet levels on the external processor. I’m trying use it the way you would traditionally use a mixer’s aux send, because I send other sound sources to the effects as well, so the fx are 100% wet.

The MID machine is great work around for midi effects, but unfortunately not everything in the world is midi controlled.

Why not layer the sound on two tracks (maybe with trigger relations): one sent to the main outs or another individual out for dry and one to the “aux send” individual out for wet?

1 Like

That makes the most sense for using it as a traditional send. Setting up trig relations would do the trick too, can’t believe I didn’t think of that! Would result in bit of copy/pasting if you make edits to the original sounds and a loss of tracks if you send a lot of stuff out, but I guess that’s a small price to pay. An auxiliary dial just seems so simple… just one more firmware update please!

1 Like