FaderFox ec4 as a Perf Mode for DN?

I am really loving my DN so much, but miss the Perf macros from A4 a lot.

Is it possible with something like the Faderfox EC4 to map multiple parameters to the same knob (I guess multiple CCs to one encoder?) Looking at the midi impl appendix of the DN manual, I guess if I wanted to send one CC to one track 1, and another to track 2 at the same time, I’d have to send messages on multiple channels at once, from one encoder of the EC4, is that even possible?

I had a quick scan of the FF Ec4 manual, but can’t figure it out yet. Has anyone paired these devices and made a fake Perf Mode?

Cheers
Russell

EC4 is one CC per knob. BUT, you can route it through a midi processor like the Blokas MIDIhub or Bomebox to use one CC in to multiple CCs on multiple channels out.

1 Like

One possible workaround is to use CC1 Mod Wheel, or Aftertouch, (or Pitch Bend, Breath Control) which can each be configured on DN to move 4 different parameters.

So you could have 4 mod wheels, one for each track.

(I don’t have a trick for doing for 4 tracks with one knob…)

4 Likes

Thanks both. Lots to think about. Whatever option I go with, I think the issue is ease of programming as much as anything else. Using the built in Mod Wheel perf mode lite seems like the most natural approach.

1 Like