Favorite Rapper and Why is it MF DOOM?

Amplified… imho his finest work :muscle: :+1:

1 Like

Loved the Fat Boys :+1:

1 Like

Hands up who remembers Live at Union Square? Released on jive records here in the UK, I think it was the b side to he’s the DJ I’m the rapper?

1 Like

Blessings. Will do. Many tanks. Not like M1 Abrams, like gratitude yahmsayin?!

Anybody that give flowers to Shock get my utmost respect. Also, hell yeah to whomever said Eyedea. Miss that dude. How is it that Wiley and Flowdan haven’t been shouted out? Or Dizzie? Or The Bug. Zion I, Deltron is that bidness. Samyiam can flow his ass off. Roots Manuva is my spirit animal.

For real though, Saul Williams. And speaking of poetry, can we show some love for Billy Shakes? The OG sonnet writer. Dude had B@R$!!!

1 Like

This remains a memorable scene for me. Still after 20+ years.

2 Likes

don’t sleep on gmcfosho, y’all

(shout out to Del, Aes’, and even Prof. BBNO$ and Rich Brian are also doing good stuff lately)

2 Likes

I like Alligatoah, he has a dirty and intelligent mouth.

anthem

1 Like

I’ve always loved this song and video. Classic cheese rap.

If you like this famo, peep Maal A Goomba. The Ookie is a great place to start. Zap Mama got flow too.

Eeew brah, puffin on nat snoke snoke.

1 Like

My favorite rapper might be Walt Whitman or William Wordsworth. Dudes could spit. Ill not sick. Lenore Kandel had a mean pen :pen: game. Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan spit fye too though kinfolk. RFT. James Dickey spit flame like a bonfire in a college town in Texas. Langston Hughes and Ralph Emerson taught me how to flow. Shelley is my falcon. Ambrosia in my chalice. Fuxwitit.

• Shakespeare
  • Wordsworth
  • Rumi
  • Dylan
  • Cohen
  • Yorke
  • Kandel
  • Ginsburg
  • Dickey
  • Gibran
  • Shelley
  • Whitman
  • Neruda
  • Emerson
  • Marx

0 voters

I’m the head of state
Let me sign some treaties
I’m the head of state
Imma eat this treaty!

2 Likes

Gotta study poetry to unlock the flow with key. Wanna be a dope emcee, gotta learn yo history. Ugh.

1 Like

Yes, he does, and he cooked that beef with Drake a few years back into a filet mignon :cut_of_meat:

1 Like

Don’t forget ol’ Geoffrey Chaucer! Make a beat and read Canterbury Tales out loud, it totally makes sense

1 Like

Take me back fam! A lot of Billy bars go hard on a boom bap backdrop too. Dr Seuss can spit acid too. That Yurtle the Turtle. Nursery Rhymes too though.

Speaking of Cohen/Dylan/Waits, here’s me doing a Tom Waits cover as a rap song. It’s a few years old but I still like it.

Listen to 16 Shells - Matt G by Matt G (Funk Illuminati) on #SoundCloud

Sorry for formatting. On a phone.

1 Like

No love for Freddie Gibbs yet so I’ve got to shout him out

3 Likes

I shouted him out and when I saw this I went searching for it to no avail. Then I realized I had shouted him out in a DM with Jdaddy Darth, who called him Pac reincarnate. I didn’t have the heart to tell him that Pac is alive and well and sipping daiquiris with tiny umbrellas under a shade tree in the Caribbean. But you ain’t wrong @palstatt. He can rap his ass off. Kind of a dick though maybe? His beef with Benny made them both look dumb and childlike IMO. I don’t really buy into Twitter flexing anyway, or sending a whole team of goons at a dude having chicken but whatever. I’m gonna shut up now. Freddie cold blooded. Thuggin is my jamspot. Benny flametooth too. Tana Talk 3 and that Lantern tape are bonfire heat.

2 Likes

How about a Tom Waits rap song? Mostly tha voice…

3 Likes

I saw him perform with Madlib while they were touring for Bandana. Freddie was drinking champagne from the bottle and bantering between each song. He’s dripping with swag but definitely comes off as dickish.

2 Likes