Favorite Rapper and Why is it MF DOOM?

Killa beez y’all

2 Likes

I only listen to Three 6 Mafia these days so my real answer is Juicy J, Crunchy Black and Gansta Boo. I don’t have a tongue ring or anything and can’t really explain why.

2 Likes

Can anyone explain why life or death is excluded from The End album on apple music? All I can think of the the couldn’t get sample clearance.

1 Like

To be honest I’m surprised we’re allowed to access any of their music on streaming platforms.

1 Like

Dammit, I forgot to special mention Chali 2na. And so did y’all.

4 Likes

J5 got mentioned above.
But yes, Chali the real deal.
Also really enjoyed his work with Ozomatli. They put on an amazing gig.

1 Like

Aesop Rock
Aesop Rock
Aesop Rock

Eyedea
MF Doom
EL-P (RTJ is fine but I prefer his earlier stuff, particularly “I’ll Sleep When You’re Dead”)
Cannibal Ox (Vast Aire)
Atmosphere
Abzorbr (Kristoff Krane)
Del The Funky Homosapien

3 Likes

His colab with roots manuva is quite the number too, join the dots is one of my favourite tracks off run come save me…

2 Likes

Got to start with B.I.B.L.E.

1 Like

I’m old school 80’s hip hop

Ultramagnetic mc’s

Doug and slick

Ll cool j

Run dmc

Roxanne Shante

Eric b & rakim

Chuck and flav

My favourite probably Darryl McDaniels

8 Likes

Beat street is a lesson too, because you can’t let the streets beat you :muscle:

1 Like

Killah Priest has put together the body of work that we hoped Jay Elec should have. I’m a big fan of them both…

2 Likes

I remember having that record as a tween. The gatefold or some poster inside had instructional photos of various break dance moves. Not sure how I never managed to damage my neck attempting a head spin.

Jeezy - classic street shit

UGK - pimp c’s smoothness with Bun B

8 Ball and MJG - just raw

Gucci - the 06-09 zone 6 shit when trapping in zone 6 was an era

4 Likes

Will Smith

2 Likes

then: Q-Tip
now: Danny Brown

5 Likes

You can’t fault the work rate.

1 Like

You know what, I just wanna say thanks for mentioning DMC, he was always my fav member of run DMC, anyhow I googled him as I kinds of remembered he’d had struggles along the way and wanted to see what he’s up to these days, long story short I discovered that he’s published a memoir… just bought a copy, it’s called Ten ways not to commit suicide, I’m really looking forward to reading about his life from his perspective…

Raising hell was like seriously one of my most played albums ever when it came out and for a long while afterwards and Peter Piper was like drugs to me at the age of fifteen, that Mardi gras break is still the shit to this day…

4 Likes

rip prince markie dee, the human beat box and the good friend who went with me to the concert, ( also to jeff mills and napalm death) thanks

1 Like

Too many to have a favourite :

Doug E. Fresh
Jeru
Guru
Diamond D
Keith Murray
Nice and Smooth
Shock G
Schooly D
KRS One / BDP

4 Likes