Favorite Rapper and Why is it MF DOOM?

I replaced Westside Gunna with Electronidnomiconica in my OG top 10 way up the thread. Had to. His catalog isn’t a mile long but it’s all at the very top of the Rakim built mountaintop yahmsayin?

@JAYELECTRON1CA, feel free to use that line if you haven’t already famo. I got beats for you too. RFT.

Damn that’s stout praise for the priest famo. Must revisit now. He’s too prolific though.

no love for based God tho? Don’t make him weep you guys! I LOVE YOU BASED JESUS!

Morris and Maal.
Listen to THE OOKIE (PRODUCED BY MORRI$) by MAAL on #SoundCloud

I’m only half joking when I say that Maal A Goomba is my favorite rapper right now.

Super cereal :bowl_with_spoon:. Bang this loud.

If this doesn’t get more hearts than Rakim I’ll laugh at the irony though.

Drops mic. Exits thread like a boss. Holding his nevermind.

Best group
  • Wu
  • J5
  • De La
  • Heiro
  • Tribe
  • Living Legends
  • Freestyle Fellowship
  • OFWGKTA

0 voters

Damn. Forgot Beasties.

1 Like

Yeah, Mike D and Ad Rock are definitely up there for me. Mike especially on Paul’s Boutique is just on point the whole time. They were all so talented, but those three together? Damn. Probably still my favorite hip hop group but Tribe and De La are close.

1 Like

Wu to tha othermuffin Tang homeboy.

Wu to tha othermuffin Tang.

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I like Wu Tang, but Beasties, Tribe and De La all came up in my teens and they were really the catalysts for me along with PE.

1 Like

I understand this but fortunately do not suffer the same stigma. :wink:

2 Likes

Yo folks, vote for best hip hop group (more than a Duo) in the message above ^^^^^^

And you also forgot The Roots, and Blackalicious, Black Star, Public Enemy, NWA, and so on and so on…

1 Like

And Cypress Hill!!! They went hard in all the nineties decade, 3 firsts albums are some of the doppest I never heard !

OK Wu tang is the best, the legend, the superhero team, but as a group, I only hang on to enter the wu tang, the other albums leave me unmoved. ok there are good songs, but album level we stay far from the first effort.
The solos of each members are excellent too and are often considered by some as wu tang albums, but my only legendary, who stay for eternity in my playlist, is enter the wu tang!

3 Likes

From that list wu tang but there are so many.
Wu tang forever was another classic and then all those solo albums…

I’ll have to do multiple polls. I started a new thread :thread:.

1 Like

Many of these are going in the Best Duo category but you ain’t wrong, nor did I expect you to be. I also had no intentions of being comprehensive, as someone always falls through the cracks. Example: I also forgot Gift of Gab on the Best Male Emcee poll. Ugh.

Prepare to blast off bro

2 Likes

Personally I’ve got far to many fav MC’s to even make a list but I’m happy to namecheck some of the acts that have been massive influences on me over the years, in no particular order…

Roxanne shante
MC lyte
Public enemy
Third bass
Biz markie
Deltron
MC Paul barman
MF DOOM
Jungle bros.
Kurtis blow
De la
Kool Keith
Stetsasonic
Krs one

I mean I could literally go on forever, each and every name I have in my head has left an indelible mark on me as a person in one way or another, I’m super grateful to have grown up a child of the eighties and lived though the evolution of Hip Hop…:pray:

5 Likes

I used to have the entire Black Sunday album memorized by heart. Lol.

1 Like

Slick Master Cool Dre.

1 Like

Hell Yeah! OneManArmy! I opened for him once. Cool cat. Very little pop sensibility but incredible wordplay and presence on the mic. Nice person too.

2 Likes

I’m all in now. Thank you. Only question is where to start in his MASSIVE discography. This song reminds me of Masta Killa meets Jay Electrochemical. Love it when an emcee starts spitting that 3rd eye ish.

2 Likes