Favorite Rapper and Why is it MF DOOM?

Probably alone on this but I never got into MF Doom or the other suspects. He’s good and nothing but respect but anything released late 90s 2000s I didn’t know about. I was in a kid comma, just old enough to drink with twins babies. Whoops!

I was oblivious during that era, let alone had no money or social life to explore new music.

4 Likes

Zev Love X and the KMD bois then?!!

4 Likes

DOOM had unreal skills, but had the whole ‘other’ thing going on as well. All the elements that made him stand out. Unique weirdness. Then put him with Madlib…done!

5 Likes

Throw a bow on it and call it what it is baby! A Gift like Gab had! Ponies gwan buck, nahymsayn?!

1 Like

I too lost track of hiphop for the whole of the 90s.
Found Public Enemy, De La Soul etc. in the end of 80s, but lost interest when the gangsta style became the reigning sound. Was not for me.

Dr. Octagynecologyst renewed my love for hip hop by the end of the nineties and through that I found Anticon label, MF Doom, Aesop Rock, Outkast etc.

The 90s was a dark period in my hiphop listening. Never got into Wu Tang Clan, Nas or any of the others. Especially not 2Pac or Biggie, no interest in their work whatsoever.

2 Likes

I know this is WAY off topic but… Even if you don’t own the Octatrack, read the Octatrack manual. It will teach you all the cheat codes quickly. Just do it like Nike. Spock penned the hymnal.

Just so this stays somewhere near the topic (which is close to my breastplate nipples) we should also prolly say peace to Pop Smoke and all the Brooklyn/UK drill team squad members.

*Throws gunshots everywhere at top volume.

Woof. You wearing a backpack fam?

It’s okay, I still think you’re swell.

1 Like

Nobody said Goodie Mob. Or Hieroglyphics. Or Living Legends. Or Freestyle Fellowship. 🥹

3 Likes

Das EFX, any love?

7 Likes

Inspectah Deck
Prodigy
Sean Price
NAS
Ghostface
Raekwon
Rasco
Defari
Tonedeff
Keith Murray
Deacon The Villain
Vakil
Vinnie Paz
Mr. Eon (High & Mighty)
Common
Masta Ace
CL Smooth

I could go on for days

5 Likes

I wouldn’t be upset with you if you did. Great list. A few I’m not as familiar with as well. Cool.

1 Like

Latryrx goes pretty dumb too. As does Homeboy Sandman, Armand Hammer, Tha God Fahim and Your Old Droog.

@JAYELECTRON1CA though? Also, Buck 65 anyone?

1 Like

And he was such a great beatmaker as well

3 Likes

El-P will always be number one for me.
Before he started making music for children, that is :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, very definitely.

3 Likes

This is dope… i think I’m going to try and flip this…

3 Likes

Now you’re talking!

1 Like

Can’t believe I scrolled this far to see jay elec! for what it’s worth Killah Priest has opened doors in my mind that no other rapper has. So let’s make sure he’s on this list too

3 Likes