Favorite Rapper and Why is it MF DOOM?

the king

1 Like

Best Hip Hop video ever… Facts💪 I’ve also still got my beastie boys criterion collection dvd proudly on display, man that was an exciting boxset when it got released…

2 Likes

Have you seen the documentary “The fabulous Chi Ali”? It’s pretty good but the previews started disappearing from youtube so I’m not sure what happened. Of course Chi Ali did deserve his prison sentence for murder, there’s no getting around that but it gets deep into how he was so young when he got popular and it was partially due to living in the same complex as Latifah and hanging out with her and Native Tongues when he was like 12, then being in the circle when black street made it big and ultimately making a super impromptu debut and being a hit. How his father was his manager and sort of let him do a little too much. It’s interesting. You might like it just as a documentary film, even outside of the context of hip hop, hearing the real story of his downfall, being on the run and getting put on America’s Most Wanted. It’s straight drama.

2 Likes

The prophesy liveth. Blessed be the shepherd. Blessings :pray: where they belong my friend, my duke. My Burroughs. My keeper. I see you good bunny friend. I and I have my spare I in your pocket in a locket. Thanks for hiding we. Blessings are almost ready to sign seal deal and deliver. A bird will bring my song to your doorstep. Good morrow neighbor.

1 Like

Dropping clues… Dolly want a cracker? Tiny corn?

4 Likes

Some real kung-fu shit going on there around 4:23 mark. What.

2 Likes

Shout out to Roots Manuva. Saw him in 2008 when I was on vacation in Munich. Dude brought some serious vibe and energy :+1:

3 Likes

That would be bad ass!
Never saw any of his shows.
Definitely one of my favs.

1 Like

Witness the fitness. One Hope. One Quest.

Summary

Seed. Harvest. House. Reap. Heal. Grow.

1 Like
1 Like

The prophesy liveth in the Vortexas. I really don’t care :kissing_heart:.

Yeah that monologue is truly the shit and very insightful of him…

Huh, I wonder what happened to my dvd of that. LOVED that collection. And yet I still have a copy of Awesome I Fucking Shot That which has somehow survived 15 years of seemingly endless moving. Must be in a box in my Dad’s garage along with my triple signed gatefold original Paul’s Boutique vinyl from 89…I hope. The thing I miss the most is my 5’ x 3’ 3D Beasties Love American Style wall display I scored from a friend at Tower Records in 89. Should have never let that disappear along the way. B Boys forever.

4 Likes

tower records

4 Likes

Aw sh*t…This Tower Records ref just brought back a flood of memories.

Not to mention I’m up too late drinking red wine…

4 Likes

Tower Records started and ended in my hometown. It’s a sore spot even now. Lot of memories getting into trouble and having fun in and around various Tower locations in my first youth.

4 Likes

I used to go to Tower when a friend of mine worked there. (same day every week) He was in charge of buying for the Industrial section, so I always had tips on what was new or on the way. One of the first people I used to talk about gear with too. :smiley: I remember when I was in Tokyo I bought a bunch of stuff at Tower there that I couldn’t get here.

2 Likes

Their import section was unrivaled at the time. You could get some super random B sides.

2 Likes

More relevant than ever!

even the pharcyde got lyrics for that ass

2 Likes