Favorite Rapper and Why is it MF DOOM?

And now I have to salute Lauryn Hill.

4 Likes

Until you’ve played Rakim on a mountaintop, you’ve never heard Hip-hop.

• The Honorable Prophet Saul Williams

I for one have heard the chariot. And I played my trumpet at it’s arrival. I can attest to the truth in this scripture.

2 Likes

Love Dessa, shout out Jean Grae too.

And Badu the Queen.

Up and comer 7ove the Genius or something spit flame too. Bahamadia. And Sol.iliquists of Sound. Ohh! And Rapsody!

MC Ride because I’m noided.

2 Likes

I purposely held off a bit because it was so Americacentric in here… Understandably. I get it and I just wanted to rep the UK a bit (and I’m not done with that).

Here’s a couple that either haven’t appeared or haven’t appeared enough yet.

Black Thought
Pharoahe Monch
Phife Dawg RIP

4 Likes

Dude, Monch! And Po too!

Saw Monch at Rock The Bells in Tha D (etoit) back in 06. Wowsers. He was special. Some of my Texhop kinfolks are linked up with Po so I’m trying to get some beats in his hands.

Oh, and how we gone leave Tip and Shock G, Gift of Gab, Lyrics Born or Truegoy the Dove off this list? Or MCA?

2 Likes

Hell yeah, love Guilty Simpson. I’ve got a few of his albums.

1 Like

@HoldMyBeer. Dude is tha homie. And one of my favorite voices in hip hop. Funk Illuminati fun fact #33 & 1/3 :

He has a whole disc with Dilla beats stashed.

And I’ve only heard a few cuts but hallelujah amen.

Find the b-sides called Stress and Man’s World. Those are both from the tape.

1 Like

I really like Earl, @JonMakesBeats, and Samyiam too.

Blu, and Ka, Roc Marci.

That’s cool, he’s sitting on a treasure chest. I think I first heard of him from that Jaylib album Champion Sound.

1 Like

Greatest all-time rapper/producer combo album. Deluxe edition is amazeballs.

1 Like

Yea forgot to list Kendrick but definitely!

That dude @monquixote and @Sleepyhead on the beats with me and @shigginpit rapping on top tho. Might be a little challenge in the room. Forgot clipping too. Insanely good.

On second thought, this may just be delusions of grandeur. Lol.

2 Likes

Yeah, great concept for an album, and it seems like they both had fun doing it.

1 Like

Since he’s not mentioned yet, Pusha T has got some great tracks.

In terms of Dutch hiphop I’ve always been a big Opgezwolle fan, visited all the tours since I was old enough to get into venues (Vloeistof era)

3 Likes

Kendrick JID, Cole, Joey, Earl, Griselda, Dump Squad, and Tyler leaders of the new school. Wish Kendrick would go dumb like Rigor mortis again. Ugh. So choice.

Sorry hold, this was supposed to be to less talk/leo

2 Likes

Somebody say Flatbush Zombies and Underachievers yet? Capital Steez was legit. Wu to tha numchuckin tang forever tho. Rub asses in moonshine in 79. Bond.

Can we all show a lil love to the Based God though?

BASED GOD forever

*Sheds single indian tear.

Ironically, I was prepping one of my trumpets to work on some Jazz exercises when I read your post. :rofl:

1 Like