Favourite metal hair bands

I’m not a fan of his music but mad respect for him! Nobody in that room expected him to be so smart, articulate, and ruthless. Dude’s a hero.

5 Likes
2 Likes

There are so many amazing hair metal bands out there like Sepultura, Cher, Death, Aqua, The Jackson 5…

Michael Bolton’s “How Am I Supposed to Live Without You” is one the best songs in that genre, and so is this Say What You Will - YouTube

Note: Not to be taken seriously

1 Like

I’m just going to say it: Bon Jovi’s Slippery When Wet and New Jersey are both some of the best records to come out of that whole era. And the first two albums are no slouches either.

2 Likes

I agree. I am not so sure what happened to their music after they changed their name to Bon Iver.

3 Likes

I was doing some roof top gardening a few years ago and worked for a few weeks on an apartment Bon Jovi recently sold. It was a sick pad but… Bon Jovi really lost his edge sometime in the late 90s or early 00s. Actually, I was listening to a Jovi playlist this morning and half the songs sounded more like a poor man’s Bryan Adams.

1 Like
2 Likes

Definitely. I think Keep The Faith and even These Days still have some pretty good tunes on them, but it all went downhill when Max Martin got involved.

1 Like

Bon Jovi definitely had more edge when he was in AC/DC.

2 Likes

Bono Jovi has The Edge…

I’ll see myself out now

1 Like

This just can’t be overstated. Slash’s guitar work throughout is incredible

4 Likes

My favourites from the 80s

Winger
Dokken
Cinderella
White Snake
Def Leppard

1 Like

Post punk goth glam supergroup The Lords of the New Church would skirt the edges of hair metal, but were never pretty enough to cross over. Still, they were always nothing short of fantastic.

I have a bunch but this always comes to mind.

Corrosion of conformity

1 Like

Only hair band I ever saw was Faster Pussycat. Was great … even the end, when the entire audience of the club was chasing me down the street. Fun night.
I did like Quiet Riot tho

1 Like

Twisted Sister as a band was mediocre at best. This wasn’t a question of how I feel about the individual musicians in hair bands.

Dee Snyder might be a great guy

Twisted Sister made bottom of the barrel music in my opinion

2 Likes

They haven’t exactly aged well, that’s for sure.