Favourite metal hair bands

What are your favourite metal hair bands?

1 Like

Well my favourite hair metal band is…

Oh wait

5 Likes
3 Likes

I don’t use any, but some hair slides are sick as hell, actually

17 Likes

I know, it’s hard to choose.

Mine are C&C Music Factory and Goose Creek Symphony.

Motley Cure :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

It’s hard to choose between Enya Macaroni, Catt, and Colby, Swiss, and Nachos (CS&N).

1 Like

I saw them at the Monterey Crack festival once.

Ratt for the guitar

Poison for catchy tunes, but kind of creepy, pill slipped into drink vibe. Grab an 8 ball and keg vibe also

Cinderella for strong ballad and almost southern rock vibe

Twisted Sister: if you want to look stupid

Pantera: racist vibe but started as glam

2 Likes

Slade for inventing it
Sweet for sweetening it
New York Dolls for adding some sleaze
Kiss for fighting Doctor Doom and Anthony Zerbe
And Hanoi Rocks, who probably should have been the last word on the subject.

5 Likes

This looks pretty good but i don’t know what it has to do in a music forum… ???

2 Likes

Do you find it demeaning to use spring reverb as an accessory?

7 Likes

Slap the tank!!!

3 Likes

No need. These are specially designed for headbanging.

1 Like

Now that hurts!

1 Like

The Darkness

2 Likes

This has one of the best choruses of all time regardless of hair composition.

6 Likes

Ratt was amazing in the 80s and for some reason they’re still amazing in the 2020s.
Stryper is definitely the best white metal/hair metal band.
The first two Mötley Crüe albums are great street rock with a dangerous undertone. After those two albums they went to shit.
Twisted Sister kinda never lost the plot. I just can’t stand ever hearing those big hits anymore.

But then there’s a bunch of bands that I really appreciate which I don’t know if they fit the term hair metal.

Scorpions, no hair metal, literally, the guys are mostly bald. But amazing tracks if you leave the fucking horrid ballads out of the picture.
Queensryche, they kind of broke through in the hair metal wave but turned out to be serious scifi/prog/metal-nerds. They definitely were pretty boys with curled hair and make up, but their albums are up there with the best.
Dokken - Whenever I think of Dokken I think of Nightmare on Elm Street - Dream Warriors. Gotta love that tune and their edgier take on hair metal.

Edit: I have serious trouble with most of the west coast hair metal scene like Poison, Tigertailz, LA Guns, Warrant, Pretty Boy Floyd etc. The one band and album that saved that whole fucking scene was Appetite For Destruction. That album is the epitome of sleazy west coast hair metal and has never been topped.

9 Likes

Silent Lucidity was on every 30 minutes by the time I got MTV great fucking tune but I was glued to the TV to see Enigma’s Sadness just one more time…

1 Like

Nothing stupid about Dee Snider. Motherfucker stood up and represented when he was needed.

16 Likes