FILL timing changes when recording it in a DAW

Hello everybody, I’m having a weird problem when trying to use FILL mode while recording, I was curious to see if anyone ever had a similar issue.

I’m working on a project on Bitwig where the digitakt gets sequenced by a 3rd party sequencer (PSQ-1684). I’m recording through overbridge.

At some point I tried recording the sequences in the Digitakt just to hear how it would have quantized them, then I set the recorded sequences to play only when pressing FILL and I started playing around with the settings in PSQ and with fill at the same time.

As long as I jammed everything worked smoothly and I liked how the original sequences and the quantized ones were interacting with each other when I was pressing FILL, so I decided to record it.

As soon as started recording everything changed.

FILL is still activating the sequences but the timing was completely different. I’m guessing it’s a matter of recording delay, I tried changing buffer size, changing recording offset and so on…nothing seems to work.

I usually don’t play around with FILL that much so I was wondering if anyone here ever had similar issues. Is there something I’m missing?