Filled up my +Drive and

Hello I was sampling some really great distorted bass lines and my +Drive became full. The DT just pretended to have saved it! Now I have these useless slots. Thanks Elektron.

I wish there was a warning message like, hey +Drive full sample is not saveable.

Let this be a warning to all you out there.

4 Likes

Indeed. 1Gb +Drive is too damn small.

5 Likes

I would love it if Elektron brought out an eternal card reader that could be connected via usb (not sure if that would even be possible).

5 Likes

Ranting here is not doing much for your cause, only venting your frustration (and, IMHO and with all due respect, slightly offloading your own responsibility).

I advise to take the time to drop a feature-request@elektron.se so that they keep this in mind.

4 Likes

True. I was being curt and genuinely surprised at this behavior. It’s a good thing that I have filled up the +Drive because this means I am using the machine more. I will file a ticket with them.

This is what I sent them:

• When booting up the machine warn the user that the +Drive is nearing capacity maybe do this at 98% capacity. I know some users perpetually have a full +Drive. There should be a way to disable this alert from the settings or change the threshold i.e 75%. After writing a sample to the machine this threshold should be checked and it should warn the user if they have reached the limit.

• When sampling with a full +Drive I was able to playback the sample, this made me assume that it was saved. However, when I went to assign the sample there was an empty bar in the space column and it didn’t playback. At this point I had spent time sampling multiple instruments. The machine was still able to write metadata about the sample, but not actually save the sample. The sample I heard was the one retained in memory.

• When I went to delete samples I accidentally clicked delete folder so I lost a lot more work by accident. Again would love some more dialogue here i.e. are you sure? I know its not seamless but for clumsy folks like me it would be nice to have more barriers in place.

4 Likes

Very good points. :thup:
I’m all for a startup alert with a threshold!

Note that when you backup, samples are automatically downloaded and part of the save.
So if all your projects are saved, you can theoretically do a factory reset.
I don’t, personally, but I can delete large folders of samples without too much thinking.