Filter after amp of digitakt, why and meaning?

just found out a thing, according to the manual, digitakt have the unique synth architecture of all box, filter is sit after amp

All other box use more traditional way to articulate sound architectures: amp after filter, except the Ot, strictly speaking, OT doesn’t have a subtract synth architecture, since filter of ot is one of 2 fx slots.
Why dt has this unique architecture, does it bring any meaning to sound?

If you push the filter to self oscillation with PRE vca, you will hear it oscillating all the time. Meaning you need a extra vca post filter to shape the dynamics of the sound. Thats why i patch my VCAs post filter most of the time.

Having the vca pre filter allows you to drive the filter harder. I think that’s the reason they did this on the DT. I think the Overdrive is actually just that single VCA, being overdriven.

Thanks so much! I thought the filter of dt wouldn’t self oscillate, so they could put it behind safely. By the way, did you know how many poles does the lowpass have? I just couldn’t find any information in the manual.

I’m not sure if it self oscillates actually :smiley: I don’t own the DT, I was just talking about synthesis in general.

From the manual:

11.5.7 TYPE
Filter/EQ Type selects the type of filter and EQ. (OFF, 2-pole Lowpass, 2-pole Highpass, EQ 1–5)

I unexpectedly didn’t saw this! What a fool I am! Thanks!

I’d like a post filter switch for Overdrive on Elektrons…

Ok! Thanks!