FIXED: Occasionally when you press Forum, it goes to a random

… instead of loading the forum frontpage.

Or is it just me and my funky old computer?

When I click the Forum button on upper part of the site, it sometimes just goes to some random topic instead of the forum frontpage, and it does that repeatedly, until some time is passed and then it works normally again.

Like right now when I click it, it goes to the: Forum/Analog Four/Poly? topic instead of the frontpage.

Highly annoying!

Sorry to hear about this! How often does this happen to you? Which browser do you use?

Mozilla Firefox, using Windows XP.

It is a strange phenomenom indeed. It DOES seem like a forum bug (as computer faults rarely manifest that way, and I have no trouble with other sites), but if no one else is complaining, maybe it’s just my computer.

I’ve heard one similar report, using Firefox on Mac. It was “solved” by clearing the cache, but then re-emerged some time later.
So yes, it seems like a forum bug. But it’s pretty hard to debug since the specimen I’ve examined didn’t seem to do anything wrong; seemed like an internal Firefox cache corruption.

Exactly what version of Firefox are you using?

It says Firefox 23.0.1.

Finnish version.

Mine always goes to the ‘News’ page.

http://test.elektronauts.com/forums -> News instead of the main forums page

Mozilla FireFox 23.0.1

I just had the same issue yet again on XP and Firefox. This happens at home and at work.

It took me a while to temporarily solve it.

The cache needs to be cleared and all is good again.

(Tools->Options->Advanced->Network->Clear now)

Trouble is the problem soon reoccurs.

same here, do something about it

I’ve got the same problem Goseba has. I’m having to only look at the latest upated topics through the forum activity tab. Hitting “Forum” just reloads the “Home” page.

bump
it’s tiresome

Hopefully fixed now. But you’ll need to clear the browser cache first.

works,
thanks

Cleared cache, could see forums. Come back later and same behaviour :confused:

Cleared cache, could see forums. Come back later and same behaviour[/quote]
same,
it feels like nineties again.

I am still getting the problem, on a Win 7 PC as well as an XP PC.

Cleared cache, could see forums. Come back later and same behaviour :/[/quote]
I have the same problem when I go to elektronauts.com, but www.elektronauts.com works fine.

Cleared cache, could see forums. Come back later and same behaviour :/[/quote]
I have the same problem when I go to elektronauts.com, but www.elektronauts.com works fine. [/quote]

Quick test and that seemed to work? Off to debug…

jgb: Yeah, but it will probably arise again when the cache gets corrupted the next time.

Does anyone with this issue NOT use Firefox?

Also, does anyone have the option “When Firefox starts: Show my windows and tabs from last time” disabled? (set in Firefox preferences->general.)

I have it disabled on one PC and active on the other, makes no difference.

Sorry, but since I can’t recreate this bug myself I’ll have to use you as guinea pigs, using a bit of guesswork.

I just applied one possible fix now, so if you don’t mind, please clear your cache and see what happens.