Flaw in the 1.5 Digitakt update?

Hi guys,

I am testing the new MACHINE sub menu, and I like how it expands the possibilities.

I have to play with it a bit to find a good setting in each of the categories “One Shot”, “Werp”, “Repitch” and “Slice”.

However, when I switch from one category to another, let’s say I find a good setting in the WERP and I go back to ONESHOT, when go back once a again to WERP all my configuration is lost and I have to figure out again how I did it.

Am I missing something or this is not possible at the moment?

Cheers

I believe the best approach to what you want is to use the sound pool to save what you’ve made before switching.

It makes sense to me that switching a machine would wipe out the current settings of the machine you are on. They are not individual tracks/sounds until you save them as such and I would not expect each machine to store its own settings over time.

5 Likes

P-locks, save pattern, write what you are doing if you can’t remember…

I have noticed some differences between lfo destinations in my short exploration time i had yesterday so it seemed obvious switching machines will change things in soundsettings. But machine depending lfo destinations makes me feel good with it.

Everytime you switch to a new Machine, it will load with its default settings. It’s like that on every Elektron devices that use Machines.

2 Likes

That’s not useful for live performances is it? You have to work only with one machine per sample then unless you can quickly change the settings to what sounds good for that sample…

Write down the settings for each sample in each pattern? that’s tidious

good feature request

1 Like

isn’t this exactly what the Sound Pool is for though? (assuming it saves machines with the Sound anyway!)

5 Likes

technically maybe, but workflow wise nope

What happens if you use “copy track sound” before trying out a different machine. Then can just paste it if you want to go backwards.

I mean, i’m not saying that the machine for each track remembering it’s last state is a bad idea, just saying there is a pretty good way to use more than one machine per track/sample already.

1 Like

that last state mem would be some cream on top

1 Like

…any new machine creations should also be still part of the pattern…
and patterns always needed to be saved if u want to be save…

but since there’s also now a hotline to a sonic supermarket established, i guess, many of u will run out of on board storing space…so, elektron, it might be time to face the fact, the fixed size of ur one gig inbuilt +drive, are coming to an end…next new batches ur going to produce, due to the fact that 1.5 made ur takt a next level killer device, should come with a larger +drive…don’t u think…?

2 Likes

yes larger plus drives for everyone!!!

1 Like

Is there any way in the future to implement external storage on digitakt? I know you can import and export projects via elektron transfer, what if you could import and export your sound/sample pool aswell?

I see hardware… hardware cursed, hardware incapable for fulfilling user expectations…

1 Like