FM Boombap with Digitone

Just a quick microwave beat. No samples were harmed in the making of this beat. Digitone was run through Boss MicroBR’s amp sim for dirt. If anyone’s wondering about the drum sounds, yes, it’s digitone and yes, I’ll be making them available shortly.

40 Likes

Hot! :heart_eyes:

Digitone is a great drum machine :yellow_heart:

Agreed. I think a lot of folks sleep on it’s ability to make an incredibly diverse variety of percussions with surprising depth of ‘realness’ when you want to go that direction.

3 Likes

That snare is fantastic.

5 Likes

Only Digitone’s claps leave me wanting…

I’ve got claps, too. :slight_smile: I’ll do some trap or something next microwave. A lot of sounds on digitone ‘work’ when used in context. Nothing I’ve ever made sounds good on it’s own, it’s when it’s in use and how it’s used that stuff starts to feel ‘right’.

1 Like

That is really impressive! That snare is incredible. Excellent sound design and arrangement, friend!

2 Likes

it really is

drum programming is on point too

I like this A LOT

very cool. that snare sounds amazing indeed

Those knock.

Defo got that orignal era Boombap gritty sound. Just needs some OG ryming over the top :wink:

Snare is sick, and the whole thing slaps. Kudos man, that’s really impressive.

snares hits like a motherf@CKER!
very good track. any sp used used too? or you gave up on them?

1 Like

I have an SP505, but it’s dusty like the records it used to sample! I mostly use RS7000 now for non FM/sampling, but also have an MC101 for extra sounds.

1 Like