Foldable C-style laptop stand/riser for live gigs?

I’m trying to reduce the width of my live setup for cramped DJ booths, plus give the audience more to see, by raising my drum machine and midi keyboard with some laptop stands above my other gear. I have a couple of the standard cheap Millenium stands, like this: Millenium Laptopstand – Musikhaus Thomann

For stability and for raising gear above other gear in cramped DJ booths, they’re great.
However, they’re fairly heavy and VERY fiddly to assemble/disassemble, since they require lots of hand eye coordination and little screws/bolts to assemble.

I’m wondering if anyone’s found an alternative that has comparable stability, plus legs/feet that fit behind/under other gear like a flight case or DJ mixer. Essentially C-style, not Z-style…
Foldable would be great, or something foldable plus locking for the stability?

I know this is more Z-Style, but it might still be usable? If you put the bottom tier to its max height you can side it pretty far under other gear. I have one of these and love how easy it is to set up.

On amazon (though you can get them cheaper on aliexpress etc). Mine is in black.

1 Like