For Digitakt/Minilogue users--Sequencer start/stop

I’ve been going in circles trying to figure this out–
I want my Minilogue to follow clock changes on the Digitakt, which is simple enough…But
How can I stop the Minilogue sequencer from launching every time I press play on the Digitakt?
The only solution thus far is to set the Mini to internal clock, which is not what I want.

Unfortunately there’s no way to do this afaik. The workaround I use is to use program changes to load an empty patch/sequence on Minilogue when I don’t want it to be playing, then another program change to load the right patch/sequence when I’m ready to bring it in. The Mini and Mono both do program changes instantly and they keep good time, so have never had an issue with this method.

Thanks! Wish I was at home to work on it. Do you mean perhaps take a sound with a pre-made sequence and save it to user slot (and clear sequence)? Wonder if you can erase the factory sequences? Anyway-- to choose Minilogue user programs from the Digitakt, do I need to use Bank 2? I wasn’t able to call up user slots when I tried ch1, bank 1. Didn’t think to try bank 2.

Yes, that’s exactly what I do. There isn’t really a concept of “user slot” on the Mini – any patch/sequence can be overwritten in place just by saving. There are also shortcuts in the sequence settings for clearing all sequence and motion recording. I’ve never used bank 2 (honestly didn’t even realize there was a bank 2!)–only the empty slots from #81 upward in the default bank.

1 Like

Is this true for the Moog Mothers as well? I sold mine but i recall that the moogs internal sequencer would start when i would press play on the digitakt/octatrack and i couldnt figure out how to prevent this.

1 Like

Yeah, I had a Mother 32 for a while, used the same workaround!

2 Likes

Just disable your “transport send” on the Digitakt MIDI sync settings page. As far as I can tell all transport send does is trigger sequencer.