Forcing immediate pattern changes

Is there a way to make a pattern switch before waiting for its full length to complete?

I’m often working with 64steps and sometimes if I have conditional trigs on steps too, it can feel like my patterns just aren’t shifting. I often end up hitting stop, change the pattern and hit play again.

I’m not missing a trick am I like some kind of global setting or a key command to switch immediately and pick up same place?

Sadly this is not possible with the syntakt alone. It always waits until the number of steps in CH length on the pattern length screen before changing, and the fewest number of steps possible there is two. I have been lusting after the direct jump sequencer features of the analogs for exactly this reason.

3 Likes

Yes. Direct Jump is great.

With a midi processor you can trigger directly a pattern (starting from the beginning), from any midi message.

Ex : With notes 0-127, you can trigger pattern 1-128, sending a Program Change corresponding to the pattern (1-128), followed buy Stop and Play. Triggers corresponding pattern directly.