FromSoftware Games Thread

will there be a strategy guide coming out? I know sekiro got one. I like to read those stuff after a playthrough.

1 Like

Yes, I offered my services as a friendly spirit for the last two hours (finding matches is almost constant at the moment with is nice) and al but one of the single summon sessions were won, all the double summon matches were lost. wouldnā€™t surprise me if that second spirit scales the bosses even more that in DS.

Also depending on the boss, having summons with you can really mess up and scramble the rhythm of the boss AI, creating all kinds of chaos and unpredictability perhaps not found solo.

1 Like

Wellā€¦I did itā€¦I bought a discounted Series S to experience this gameā€¦thanks to you jerksā€¦

13 Likes

yeah I often try to help out after beating it solo but I have only been able to last until the end on a few of them. Partially I think because I get a little more greedy as I am hoping that the boss isnā€™t gonna swipe at me. I think also being a glass cannon melee build more or less currently doesnā€™t do me much goodā€¦ need to start focusing on getting my health and the armor I can wear up a bit.

I just realized I am using a Collasal Sword weapon class and not a ā€œGreat Swordā€ but the name of the sword is Greatswordā€¦ I suppose that is a tad confusing. I think these were called Ultra Great Swords in the past games.

Well, itā€™s 2AMā€¦. Guess I got my fix in today. :smiley:

Got some excellent exploring done, hit a certain special table somewhere, cleared a couple of forts, and collected a metric ton of runes.

Tomorrow is exciting gear acquisition day. Or EGAD in the trade. :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ve been procrastinating on some bosses, and boss-like characters. Ran away from a huge stone or metal giant, with what looked like a weapon Sauron would be jealous of. :smiley:

2 Likes

I did a ton of exploring of liurnia yesterday. I like that area a lot. Loads of diverse enemies and locations. I took an elevator underground and my jaw dropped multiple times. There are so many moments in this game where you just go ā€œwhat the fuck IS that?ā€ or ā€œwhere the hell AM I?ā€

5 Likes

Im at the 3rd main boss gate now. Really loving Dex with some INT and then been loading up endurance so I can roll fast with this curved sword I got. The curved sword is the best weapon I have found so far. The moveset is insane, especially if you use the ash of war on your shield that lets you do the 2 handed ash of war sword move with left trigger without having to duel wield. I destroy the huge knights in castles now with no real issues.

2 Likes

I think I know which sword you mean and Iā€™m a dex strength build so I might try this

Id get it for sure. Just practice the moveset and see if you like how it works for you. I have mine up to +5 already, so Iā€™m all in with it ā€¦lol.

Iā€™m currently sporting a magic halberd +5 and Iā€™m keen on trying the Uchigatana I just found.
Decisions decisionsā€¦

FY I have that Uchigatana, plus 3ā€™d it. Itā€™s very good but I much prefer the curved sword. You may notā€¦all about play style but for me the curved sword is a game changer.

I was up this late mindlessly hacking away at Godrick ("this time Iā€™ll eff him up), getting stomped on and really upset. Switched it off, went to bed thinking over methods, next day, pulled up and absolutely spanked him using only one flask. I think Iā€™m finally getting over my button smashing addiction.

Iā€™ve seen this elevator mentioned. Just got to Liurnia today and went back to Limgrave to level up and have my revenge.

But, yeah, the scenes after being unwilfully transportedā€¦literally jaw dropping. It was like that feeling entering Hyrule field in OoT. Itā€™s very much the adult Zelda. These boss battles (the lake dragon for example) are also unlike anything Iā€™ve ever played (though admittedly Im not a big gamer).

Absolutely incredible game.

4 Likes

Hit level 23 last night, and have put most into dex, some into str, and sprinkled a bit on endurance and a touch of arcane, in case I want to use any of that later. Iā€™m using two long swords that I leveled up to about 3 each plus some ashes, and my starting armor. (the armor sucks, but I can move very quickly in it) Iā€™m hoping to find a similar set of better swords, or hopefully something fast with blood magic, so I can continue the quick dual blade style once these swords lose their impact. Iā€™ve been bouncing between Liurnia and Limgrave as well. Itā€™s a great combo to level up, then test it on the next section to see if itā€™s effective. :smiley: I found some cool shacks with some interesting things in them. I may go on a shack hunt :smiley:

Oh, and completely agree that it feels like Hyrule Field in OoT, or the opening area of BotW.

1 Like

Elevator is incredible. That blew my mind. Pretty high level area. I need to go back and test my build now and see how I do.

I made it to Godrick last night, but it was late so their todays challenge!! Im rocking a +5 twin blade with my dex/faith build, which is working out pretty well so far. Fireball spell is coming in clutch!

2 Likes

Weā€™re talking about an elevator in Liurnia, right? Cause I know of another elevator that I didnā€™t think was working, in which area I didnā€™t think I should be inā€¦

I donā€™t want to spoil it but the elevator I am talking about takes a long and scenic route underground. It is fully functional. I found it by accident and it blew my mind.

1 Like

No, yeah, thatā€™s not what Im talking about.

Ok. Gotta clear out Limgrave quickā€¦

I decided to give Elden Ring a go and Iā€™m having a blast. Started with a Confessor, still uncertain of where Iā€™m going to take the build (Str/Faith or Dex/Faith) so if anyone has any thoughts Iā€™m all ears. I would typically go for Dexterity but if seems like there might be more Str/Faith weapons from the little Iā€™ve seen online.

1 Like

who needs sleep anyway? I went down the elevater too, i helped many people past the spiders to the boss areaā€¦ but then nobody was available to summon for myself at the boss, he is electric and i dont have an amulet to counter it, i gave up after 2 hours and went to get gidricks rune from the tower ā€¦ and there on the great wall ā€¦ the lightning resistance amulet ā€¦ tomorrow i give the underground another visitā€¦

1 Like