FromSoftware Games Thread

Lol. I don’t know if I’m playing the game right.

I got to Magit and he blew me away. I can’t determine the difficulty scaling(like I know From Software games are supposed to be difficult- but I can’t determine HOW difficult it should be(but from DS3- it seems to be very difficult))

1 Like

Yeah Margit is a vibe killer, for sure. I think the idea is if you’re making decent damage and progressing gradually, you’re at the right level. If not, maybe come back after leveling up. Have you explored weeping peninsula?

I check this every so often

2 Likes

On a separate note- I think I’ve finally figured out the value of parrying on this first DS3 boss. Geez that does a lot of damage!

Its hard to fathom parrying their attacks- they’re so big that a shield swipe doesn’t seem like it would do anything.

Edit: FINALLY beat that opening boss. What a rush!

4 Likes

Am I the only one here with 20h in without beating Godrick yet ?

3 Likes

The best thing about riding the horse for me is you can crush the rune skulls by walking over them, which saves me the embarrassment of trying to hit them with my sword and batting them right into a bunch of skeletons by mistake.

4 Likes

I’m in my 40s and have opened up what seems like a fair chunk of map, haven’t even come across Godrick yet. I’ve got several rune arcs I can’t do anything with, and I brought down the walking mausoleum only to discover it was pointless at this stage.

3 Likes

I’m around level 40, have spent who knows how many hours mainly wandering, leveling, opening up the world, exploring caves, looking for map chunks, and haven’t fought him yet. Some people seem to do it in the first few hours. I think this game lets you play precisely how you want to. If you’re having fun, keep doing what you’re doing, then go hunt him down when you feel like it.

1 Like

The southern part of limgrave (weeping peninsula?) is a good area to explore if you’re stuck up north. Just do a run past all the churches there. Also funny to hear everyone seems to get owned by Margit, think I defeated him second or third try. Had a lot more difficulty with Godrick

1 Like

I’ve been repeating this but you could easily explore Limgrave and never touch Margit to have a full game from other developers.

4 Likes

I JUST beat him the other night. Probably level 35, with plenty of hours in. I’m using a dual-dagger with mage robes character, so he was a bit tricky earlier on. No parry ashes yet, and while dodging was fine in the first phase, it didn’t work so great in the second until I had more dex. My character is very centered around close combat with lots of bleed damage, no blocking, and nearly no armor. :smiley: Odd choice, but I like it so far. It just means I have to wait to fight big bosses for a while.

2 Likes

I’m doing a bleed build based on the huchigatana and a balanced str/dex. I keep a shield when exploring and because I like the new party break mechanic but for bosses is rolling and no shield.

2 Likes

Yes!

1 Like

Lol. I was doing this until I realized you can roll and break them.

2 Likes

Yeah I think part of my margit troubles was me stating into str/faith to use some colossal weapons before putting any points into vitality and endurance when I finally toppled margit I continued on to godrick a just beat him first try. I think in a way how many levels you can get off beating a boss is telling if you were over leveled for a battle. Like if you get a bit more than 1 level in runes it was probably just about right. I beat a side boss that gave me 90k (closer to 3 levels) runes the other night I was pretty surprised, makes me think my character is slightly over powered for his level now.

Ok! I’ve added eleknaut to my group passwords. Anyone else into it, please do the same.

5 Likes

Sweet I’ll add it later. Do group messages go cross platform?

1 Like

Cool will join too

anyone got any tips for Starscourge Radhan? this guy is really testing my patience.

1 Like

:scream_cat: I just found out you can change the item ordering by pressing left stick, including order of acquisition

4 Likes

What level are you? I came back and did him around 80. Still a pain in the butt but eh.