FromSoftware Games Thread

I just got that spell, haven’t tried it yet.
I stumbled on that knight too, fought him on horseback one hit a time…

The more I play it the more I’m loving the mounted combat, I also love that you can pick up items without getting down from your horse.

1 Like

It’s like 50% a jousting game for me haha

1 Like

Wait until you meet his upgraded friend…lol.

I think this is the best game I’ve played (that wasn’t a 2D indie game) in the last decade or two. I mean, I’m a huge id-fan, so Doom and Doom Eternal are up there as well, but I haven’t been blown away by a AAA game since maybe Mass Effect, and this in encroaching on my favorite top two games of all time (System Shock and System Shock 2). I’ve been wandering Leurnia, and my jaw just hangs open at this point with how beautiful this world is. I said this elsewhere, but it’s like playing in a Roger Dean painting. Absolutely incredible!

I’ve gone full in on blood magic now. :smiley: All of my fights look like the knight battle in Monty Python’s Holy Grail. :smiley: Blood everywhere!

Does anyone mind a pic from Leurnia, or would that be too spoiler-ish? Nothing in particular, just landscape.

5 Likes

I’m still terrible at mounted combat. Every time I come across a tough enemy while I’m on horseback I dismount. What weapons are you using? I’m using a scythe and I find the timing pretty tough while riding Torrent.

1 Like

Yeah I can imagine that not all weapons are equally suited for mounted combat, like daggers :meh: but I haven’t experimented at all with that come to think of it. I have been mainly using great? swords, not sure what they are classed as, it’s the category that contains the claymore etc. The one before the really big ones like the zweihander. Great for circling enemies cavalier style.

@J3RK yeah I think that so far, those misty lakes of Liurnia are also my favorite environment, visually speaking. Btw: Must say that in the vast open world genre, the Witcher 3 and rdr2 were amazing as well. The level of detail (and budget :aw:) in rdr2 is something else, don’t think we’ll see anything like it anytime soon.

1 Like

Actually, I have a special dagger, and it’s great for mounted combat. I just circle an enemy, and slash repeatedly. Most times I don’t get hit before they go down. I think any dagger will do, but this one adds a little something in the process.

Here’s the pic. Doesn’t reveal anything, just a cool landscape:

Sorry for the lamp glare :smiley: I’m playing on the living room TV, so haven’t attempted any actual screen-captures.

I did have to look up where to get a good mage-robe, because I wanted this character to be extremely light for fast combat. I’m not carrying a shield at all.

4 Likes

The mimic veil is soo much fun.
I got stuck in a cave at a much higher level than mine so I hid my way through…
No spoiler.

4 Likes

Wait the mimic actually tricks the AI? Thought it was a purely PVP tool.

AI as well, I think you need a different one for pvp.
Sneaking past masked as shrubbery is hilarious

1 Like

Anyone interested in using a group password for Elektronauts players? It’ll highlight our messages, bloodstains, and summons as being from the group as well as boost runes gained sometimes.

6 Likes

just beat the game. in-game 57 hours, level 140. 31/42 achievements. steam says 65 hours. not sure if it’s cause i let the game idle or what.

gonna cleanup some stuff i missed, duplicate remembrances, look into a different build for a respec. leaning toward faith and incantations, cause those seem interesting and people seem to like the sword of night and flame a lot.

5 Likes

Based on how relatively slow I’m progressing that seems really fast! I feel like this game is going to take me months.

4 Likes

Check thoroughly but efficiently. i did all of the big stuff i.e. the sidequests that take you to new locations and lead you to heavy duty endgame bosses. but i skipped some caves and catacombs just because i wasn’t feeling the copy/paste so much. surprised i got as many achievements as i did. i’m missing stuff like “get all talismans” and “get all legendary weapons” which i just don’t care about.

1 Like

I was googling last night on my progress. I’m prob 20-25 hours in and seemed like I was at 25% at most :joy:

I’m no completionist but I know the value of levelling up in these games and enjoy the exploring still. I think I’ve done most of the east and west coast of Liurnia so time to head north. Still to do Caelid too and the two “elevator areas” I’ve found.

Presume Massive chunks of this is all optional but that’s fine with me. Should actually get online and do the Varre quest too I think…

I feel like this game is going to take me years … lol

1 Like

Non-Linear Souls game.

Got too confused.

Didn’t know how good I needed to be

Started playing Dark Souls 3 instead

Played about an hour or so last night.

Almost beat the opening boss once.

I feel like a jerk

1 Like

Don’t give up, it’s worth it.

Me and I think many others felt the same way.

If you’re really out of motivation, take a break and watch this video.

Another pro tip: you don’t have to fight until you really have to. That said, just leave the enemies and run past them, they just want you to fight with them, don’t be baited. Collect the stuff you encounter and just look for the next save point. Every boss has a weak point, use this knowledge and knock him out. DS games become so extremely simple, knowledge is power.

4 Likes

60 hours in and I still feel this way sometimes.

What’s tripping you up? In terms on non-linearity, the guidance of Grace (thicker streams of light emanating from sites of Grace) points you in the direction of the main campaign.