FromSoftware Games Thread

I completed aisle, and killed the spirit boss, shich dropped a summoning ash, now i have to find grave lilis to boost them, reading guides is ckearly helping, but i try not to read too much to spoil myself.

Iā€™m a little worried my spirit ash is making boss fights a little too easy at the moment. Iā€™m sure thatā€™ll change and Iā€™m not really complaining - makes for a very different FS experience this way.

And obviously I donā€™t need to use these things but I think it just looks cool and canā€™t help myself.

2nd dragon done and first timed the first Boss in Raya Lucaria. Now for a restā€¦

The girl in the shack one. Not a big deal. Just lost out on her hood. Taught me a lesson though.

I looked up fia after the lesson and couldnā€™t believe how oblique it was.

Yeah I usually save those quests for ng+ if I donā€™t happen through them on my ownā€¦ unless it is really bugging me like they say the name of an area they will be in and Iā€™ve been there I just donā€™t remember how to actually get there.

Iā€™ve seen videos where people can call the horse outside of the menu.

How does one do this?

Alsoā€¦how do I use summons?

1 Like

I beat Margit last night after spending some time leveling up and getting some decent weapons/incantations along with a very helpful item sold to me by a shady longtime FS character. What a ride! The game might still get too hard for me at some point (Sekiro did this) but for now the difficulty feels okay as long as I put in a little work leveling up. Iā€™ve done a bit of googling but now that Iā€™ve got some okay weapons Iā€™m going to try to just explore on my own. Iā€™m a bit stuck on Stormveil castle at the moment so I might just go somewhere else for a while and come back.

@Ryan You have to equip Torrenttā€™s whistle (whatever itā€™s called) one of the secondary equipment slots and then hold Y and press the corresponding arrow key. So hit the menu button and you should see a bunch of slots on the right that you can fill with different items/summons.

3 Likes

Youā€™ve gotta put it in your equipment. Down in the same place you have your flasks. You can hold ten items in that area. Select an empty slot and put your horse ring thingamajig in there.

2 Likes

Putting it in your pouch is easier though, that way itā€™s always available when you press Y :meh:

@circuitghost

Fair enough :relieved: (assuming this means the gargoyles are dead as well :unamused:)

2 Likes

Iā€™ll probably get back to it at some point. But right now, Iā€™m just more into stuff like Hyper Light Drifter, digging deeper into Hades, that kind of stuff, and playing the waiting game for anything on the Breath of the Wild sequel.

2 Likes

And the gargoyles? What. aboutā€¦ theā€¦ :unamused: gargoyles

(Hades and hyper light drifter look cool btw, was vaguely aware of hld somewhere, but not of hades, good to see more rogue-like-love. Also very fun to make and an excellent educational tool :grin:)

1 Like

DS is probably the toughest of the bunch to dive into, Iā€™d say - it has the rougest edges, the least in-game ā€˜supportā€™ and the most sadistic moments. This is almost all part of the charm - nothing else capture that feeling of being cast into a hostile and mysterious world quite so viscerally - but it means it does ask a lot of the player. Do keep it around - you may well find a growing itch to return, and if youā€™ve gone through the Capra Demon then youā€™re definitely an initiate - but to say thereā€™s stuff left to see would be a gross understatement.

You mean the ones that gang up on you? Yeah, that was my first ā€œWait, thereā€™s two of themā€-moment, of which I hear is a typical From-thing. Just when you think you got it all figured out ā€¦

The sound of that bell was always ominous. I got why, eventually. If I hadnā€™t been playing the dodge game even with the easiest foes before, I wouldā€™ve struggled with this fight a lot more. But patience, dancing around, just waiting, worked eventually.

But the first time I did this fight, and I was like ā€œAll right, I can do this, heā€™s already halfway ā€¦ wait, WHAT?!ā€

Okā€¦Iā€™m sorryā€¦but this is infuriatingā€¦and itā€™s not a bossā€¦

Iā€™m like, ā€œWhat do these Rune Arcs do? I have so many and important people drop themā€¦ā€

(Googles)

ā€œWTF IS PURIFYING A GREAT RUNE AND WHERE TF IS A DIVINE TOWER?!?!?ā€

Oblique quests coupled with crucial info on a sub-page of an itemā€¦itā€™s a bit much, no? Or is this From M.O.?

There is a pop up screen that vaguely explained the process of purifying runes in their respective towers after you defeat Godrick. I just realized you can reread all the tutorial pop ups from your inventory if you missed any!

2 Likes

Was there? Ok. Maybe I was too shell-shocked to fully comprehend it.

1 Like

Although if there hadnā€™t been any that would have been perfectly within expectations. :joy:

For example: You had to access the DLC in DS1 by killing 1 very randomly placed though specific blue crystal golem which dropped a pendant, which you then needed in order to open a portal, in a completely different area, by killing a golden crystal golem hidden away in the darkest corner of a already pitch black basin, so an item description would have seen completely reasonable :rofl: compared to that. hahaha

@Ahaas1138 Yeah but strangely enough that one isnā€™t listed there, at least not on my save :thinking:

2 Likes

I managed to ā€œrestoreā€ the Godric Rune. But didnt know you had to use a rune arc to actually get its power. There is alot of stuff i really dont know in this game. I need to google stuff all the time.

1 Like

Hit level 50 and went back to talk to a few bullies.

Hey Mr. Knight-on-a-big-ass-horse remember when I was level 8?
Please meet me and my friend Quality Uchigatana +5.

Also done Agheel and a couple of Evergaols.

5 Likes

Wow I do not remember that explanatory pop-up. And Iā€™m not one to skip through things.

Did the same! But with a rock slinging magic spell.

But one time i went to a bridge at night. Then it was a much tougher dude there. So i ended up running for my life. I wasnt as cool as i thought. haha.