FromSoftware Games Thread

I’m 30 hours in and just hit level 70 using my +5 longsword (I reeeally want a cooler weapon lol).

I don’t know how to use a spoiler, sorry:
The little dudes in northeast Caelid are worth 1094 runes a pop and are very easy to take down.

1 Like

Yeah I actually mentioned that above. So you farmed that much? I’m not sure I have the patience for that…

1 Like

Yeah I thought I saw you mention it earlier. I spent a couple hours there the first night I came across it and went from level 30 to 50 and now I feel it’s the only place I can get a decent amount of runes. I can go up one or two levels per run, but it is boring.

1 Like

Oooff. Ok. Well if that’s how it is, that’s how it is. I realized just now upgrading weapons is a good way to rid oneself of that awkward rune amount (2k+) that would sting if lost and not interested in farming.

Quest/weapon spoiler

The Irina/Edgar quest (which I thought I had broke above) affords two nasty weapons: the grafted greatsword - which I can’t use atm - and the Banished Knight’s Halberd. I’ve currently got the latter at +12 (it originates at +8) and doing some serious damage.

1 Like

That area has some amazing things. Just unreal loot. I will not say more. haha.

You know how to guard counter?

Also I never practice parrying on a boss. It’s better to learn on low level guys, imo.

1 Like

I found THAT elevator.
My jaw literally dropped. I’m speechless

4 Likes

I’ve been doing jolly co-operation on the boss Commander Niall at Castle Sol. I walk in, lay down a magic spell that boosts my magic attack power, drink my flask that stops FP consumption for 10 seconds and gives me +10 int, then use my Renalla Regal Scepter+9 to cast the comet azure spell aka kamehameha for about 10 seconds straight and bring the boss down to 1/3 of its HP. What a riot.

2 Likes

Found it today too. And another one elsewhere. Jaw dropped big time when the scale of Elden Ring began to reveal itself.

@BassesAndPads - I actually didn’t know that one! Will give that a shot on my next run as will come in handy for sure.

1 Like

I have to say I also pretty much never parry, I just dodge and try to outspace attacks so I can land a big charged 2 hand attack or ash of war move. I did have to break out the shield for one boss so far though.

1 Like

me in this game rn

don’t watch if you don’t want a random late game boss spoiled i guess?

2 Likes

Well, I’m out (from Dark Souls). I can appreciate everything it’s doing, but I’m finding I’m talking myself into liking it, rather than actually just liking it.

Elden Ring’s not helping either. Clearly, if I had a platform on which I could play it, I’d just go for that one anyway.

But - I totally get the From thing, or at least I’ve seen a glimpse of it. So it’s not the game. It’s me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

ive been hooked on elden ring since it came out

dark souls 3 is my previous favorite game of all time

i’m about 50 hours in, level 58 or so, and trying my hardest to play through completely blind. but damn if it isn’t hard AF and confusing at times. but I enjoy the quest! so tempting to look up tips videos though

5 Likes

:joy: I love these videos of folk just smashing bosses. Not much of a spoiler for me when he only lasted 20 seconds!

I’m still playing offline. Think it’s due to server issues on the opening night that forced me into it. I can turn it all on but I like chipping away at these games on my own. Especially now with spirit ashes along with the NPC summons.

How many folk can join online to help with a boss fights? Would be funny to have a squad of players running riot

I haven’t had to look up any boss vids yet but I do find myself googling at times. Sometimes I’m convinced there must but a site of Grace nearby or I’ve clearly ventured somewhere that doesn’t feel “ready” yet due to where I’m at in the story.

I did have a “what do I do now?” moment for the main story line though. Keeping spoiler lite, I got to a bit locked blue door and the item I picked up next to it didn’seem to help with finding where to go to find the item needed for this door. Anyway, know where to go now! If I get on today, that’ll be on the list.

yeah i have found a few major bosses but cant beat any of them at the moment and keep ending up in areas where I get one shotted. so just trying to explore and level and come back with a vengeance

3 Likes

I’ve only googled side quests: those take the FS Youre-on-your-own ethos a bit too far. I’m not about to run around clueless hoping I don’t break any. I’ve already broken one.

1 Like

Which one did you break? I had to look up what to do for Ranni (maybe THE side quest to do) but I didn’t see a way to break it.

How far did you get? ^*^

1 Like

I got to the Goat Demon, and wasted him. After that, I was out. I figured I didn’t want to end on the rage quit note, but make sure I left for the right reasons.

I might return to it. It was a worthwhile experience. But I just enjoy whatever else is on my Switch more, right now.

3 Likes