FromSoftware Games Thread

I had seen this beforehand, luckily, but I’d have soon found out because I invariably try double-jumping in any jumping scenario. I’ve come across a few places where I suspect there’s some platforming horseplay to be had, but usually with too many runes in the bank to risk it.

I got a decent crossbow pretty early which I use with my “quality build” vagabond. I think the points in Dex helped allow me to use it. Probably not as strong as a build with more focus on Dex but it works for the occasional ranged attack. Throwing knives are pretty decent too.

1 Like

I bought this ! I have no clue ! Never played Souls-games. I don´t like dying a lot but I hope I am prepared. I want to be a magician! Don´t want be involved too much with this monsters ! Wish me luck !

1 Like

I don’t remember where I found it :thinking: But I found a bow somewhere pretty early, requires 14 dex, should be doable :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m about 40 hours into elden ring, level 70 or so and the game is still amazing. I’m still impressed by random discoveries and all the exploration. Based on what I see of the map I probably have about 20 hours left. I’m not a completionist, so we’ll see what I end up doing. I am half considering, if there is a new game plus, re-speccing into a totally different class. Especially since I’ll have access to so many weapons and spells…

And if you want them to just stay down, use a weapon with holy damage

This game has in fact destroyed my music habits. Trying to get the tutorial boss in one go, I’ve gotten 1-2 hits away with the samurai’s bow. Worst part is restarting the build after each failed attempt.

Or just let some enemies and beasts kill each other like near the Impassable Bridge in front of the Redmane Castle …

Then this is quite likely the wrong game for you, because that’s the core of the From Software games. Even the weakest foes may kill you within a few moments if you don’t pay enough attention to your surroundings.

Besides the quality build of str/dex I have found that getting STR and INT or Faith up enough to be able to wield the weapons/ spells you want, then going all in on DEX and END is a great way to play this game. I am all about stamina and fast rolling. The reason is the toughest PVP opponents many times can be almost armorless and skinny but have amazing poise breaking combos.

Its really just what you prefer at the end of the day. Another way to look at it is to see what weapons you like the most and then make your build around that.

3 Likes

Did the extremely long and involved “sidequest” (honestly it should be mandatory lol given the amount of crazy locations) to get the dark moon greatsword and i’m not even convinced it’s better than Moonveil. i’ll play around with its moveset more and we’ll see. it looks amazing of course. maybe i’ll swap between that and moonveil just to keep things fresh.

Finally managed to kill Godric. Was a bit intense. My girlfriend where googling tips about beating him. And where shouting out what i should do when he did the different attack moves. haha. She was like a map reader in rallye.

6 Likes

I’m tempted to look out the moonveil. Roughly know where it is and what needs to be done. I’m still kicking about with the Lordswan GS +4 for now but want something more appropriate for staff/sword combo magic man.

Wonder if I can put gravitas on Rogers Rapier and use that for now?…. I’m still doing stuff south of stormveil! I’m no completionist but I just love working through an area and exploring in this world more than I think I have done in a game for over 20 years. Possibly going back to Mario 64 since I last spent so much time investigating my surroundings. .

1 Like

Im still rocking the Bloodhound curved sword at +6. Level 56 right now. Not sure what other weapon I’d want as this thing seems to do it. Only complaint is the DEX scaling is not that high and I can’t mod it with ashes.

1 Like

How the hell do you all level up so high so quickly?

I’m like 50 hours in and still at 37.

2 Likes

Not 100% sure on the hours invested but that’s 8 days in and other than a few jaunts to hell zones to pick up some nifty weapons I’ve barely set foot north of Stormveil! Still got the little foresty but with the giant bear in it to work through and then I’ll head back on to the main story line.

Todays thoughts:

1. Crucible Knight is a gigantic prick. Half cheesed it in the end utilising some scenery but probably found him the toughest boss/enemy so far.

2. I’m probably being a silly boy ploughing tonnes off runes into Mind but I’m investing so that I can use a specific spirit ash I found. Got 4 more stat points to go and then I’m good to focus on Int. need to go a mind level of 23 I think.

3. I’ve possibly messed up a Sellen quest line. Found a second Sellen chained up and thought I could break the chains. Wrong! It just pissed her and the first Sellen off! Sake!

Still, lots of fun. This could do wonders for my music enthusiasm long term as I’ll end up burning out on Elden Ring eventually and in dire need of a change.

Patchy Spoiler

I just ran into patches, who also begged for mercy, even yielded the “grovel for mercy”expression, which put my previous post about npc killing in a different light, was definitely not talking about patches.

I spared him mid-fight, but now the real question remains: do I kill him now or after his almost certain future betrayal :thinking:

2 Likes

Alright…my console has come in- im downloading Elden Ring now…

If this turns out to be another Alvin and the Chipmunk movie all over again(“Trust me…its really good”) I will never take another recommendation ever again

6 Likes

One way I do it is to drop a summons sign in areas rich with enemies. Then I help the players I joined with. We all get credit for every kill so its an easy way to quickly rack up runes. Its also really fun.

3 Likes

I just hit level 80 with a level 17 weapon :sweat_smile: my big thing is if I am close to a level I pop some runes from my inventory so I don’t end up losing them… that and after beating a boss I like to help at least one person through it. Also at about 50 hours.

@J0n35y Crucible was a boss I came back to multiple times before I finally beat him, but today I managed to beat 2 of them at the same time. Tried to help a bunch of people after that but at an extremely low success rate.

2 Likes

Had read that he returns! Sake!

I was half tempted to force myself though a parrying learning session involving me dying countless times but once I sussed out he struggled with a part of the arena I stuck to running and gunning!

I probably should try to get the parry mechanics nailed though. Can def see scenarios where I’ll want a shield in one hand rather than this staff/katana combo I’m running with