FromSoftware Games Thread

Wise move! Somehow ER connected to online and updated Arcane weapon scaling, requiring me to up my Arcane to 13 to keep using the Reduvia dagger

1 Like

Moonveil + mimic ash absolutely wrecked the end game. Iā€™m playing around with other builds now and Iā€™m convinced that this was the strongest.

Iā€™m gonna go through and get all the legendary equipment because I still feel like playing this game, but Iā€™m not sure what else to do. I also have a bunch of catacombs I skipped along the way.

1 Like

Just donā€™t use a shield and roll through everything and two hand all your weapons. More damage. Bonus points for playing naked and getting more I-frames.

The naked approach might be my NG+ route. I fancy going for some mad Wolverine type build :joy:

1 Like

Updates already impacting stats then? I wasnā€™t sure how long it would take. Def staying offline with it then! Thought got a feeling the Xbox is set to auto update. Itā€™s on quick resume though and I think updates are blocked while that is in playā€¦

This, Iā€™ve been in quick resume since launch and had to unplug to move some wires

1 Like

I love using claws two handed for the Wolverine vibes. They do pretty decent damage too once scaled a bit, plus theyā€™re really fast and only weigh two pounds, so theyā€™re a good secondary weapon if your main weapon is a bit slow. Now Iā€™m using Cipher Pata which is kind of like playing Wolverine as an Angel.

Iā€™m slow, so I feel safer with barricade shield and guard reposteā€¦

Caution! Carian Study Hall - the lift up to the spider-hands has an archway halfway up, which looks very much like a shortcut to a secret. Which it may be, but as I just discovered if you decide itā€™s took risky and try to fall back down, itā€™s very easy to drop into the lift shaft and die. And then when youā€™re going back to collect your runes, itā€™s also very easy to overjump and fall down the other side, which also = death, and thereby lose a hell of a lot of runes. Canā€™t be mad, the lesson is donā€™t go jumping into the unknown with a pocket full of runes, which I already know. But for anyone else coming to that area, proceed with caution there.

Thereā€™s a lot to unpack in that section. Really helps to do the Rannis quest before going in thereā€¦ill leave it at that.

1 Like

Speaking of which, Iā€™m stuck at that fight at the bottom of Nokstellaā€¦

I just got my mimic summon up to +10 and itā€™s hilarious watching them slay bosses without my help!

1 Like

I feel like I am nearing late game and I finally found some new cool str/faith weapons that scale mostly evenly from them, been able to mess with a little pvp and they seem competitive atleast. The giants hair whip really catches people rolling well and a giant candle stick war hammer which if you catch someone with puts them about 1 or 2 whips from death plus its weapon art is like a volcano which looks pretty cool. Kind of sad that these weapons are so late game but Iā€™m sure I have some more cool bosses to fight with them. I want to stat stating a little more into str is better as it has a better bonus from 2 handing weapons.

Between the lift shaft and that darn wizard, I must have lost about 20k to that area before I decided I should probably leave it for a bit. Then I went exploring and accidentally pressed B on horseback, thinking it would make me step backwards when of course it actually made me dash forward and off a cliff edge. The area around the walking mausoleum there seems pretty treacherous when it comes to falling distances - some drops cause no damage, and a similar-looking one will wipe you out completely.

I think I have to sort out Godrick really, and having had all my runes wiped out seems as good a time as anyā€¦

1 Like

Anyone playing on PC trying to get down on some co-op withcha boy? I havenā€™t put in a lot of time yet, pretty early in the game and relatively low level.

of note:

mimic ash, hoarfrost stomp, sword of night and flame, barrier shield all nerfed. it seems a bunch of sorceries were buffed though which makes sense.

1 Like

Noooo! Hoarfrost Stomp has been my safety in sticky situations! hehe

Uh oh! My mate will be gutted.

Iā€˜ve not been that impressed by the Mimic to be honest so no big deal to me but holding out offline for a little longer to avoid the changes for nowā€¦ if I canā€¦

A new quest phase for Gostoc! Iā€™ll be sure to dig his stinking corpse up and pass the news on.

I dont get the nerf to barricade shield - i used the turtle shield on my faith build lvl 27 steam character and did not get the impression it was op. They seem to request the moonveil katana to be nerved - which is somewhat sad because i abuse it totally - and it would surly raise the difficulty again. (not sure how i feel about it.)