FromSoftware Games Thread

Watching this and thinking “how did I miss the giant talking turtle?!”

I try to load as much as I can within ‘medium load’ I don’t believe there is a scaling difference. Just light, medium, or heavy.

2 Likes

Thanks - I did wonder about this when I first found it, but at that time I didn’t know it was madness that was the issue, because I legged it before the bar could fill. It was only when I made my mistake and was informed I’d gone mad and died that it all became clear. I’ll be heading back for sure. My trip in the other direction led to a load of singing bat-men and an octopus that had somehow got onto a high roof (of course), and a boss door I chickened out of. And also a sword that gives me HP for hits, but DS experience suggests this probably isn’t the magic bullet it might appear to be…

My favourite DS3 build was one where I decided never to go past fast roll, which led to me going shield-free and dual-wielding. It was tough to get comfortable (and successful) with that, but it was very different from my usual reliance on being able to tank and whittle. Great fun, though, I spent a long time messing around with that big group of yokels around a fire. It is much easier to lose everything due to one moment of foolishness, but this is the life we chose.

3 Likes

That’s where I hit recently, revisiting the same areas over and over, wondering how to get to certain places, where I think I just need to grind more in order to defeat Radahn and maybe another boss to move on, but that isn’t quite as enticing some weeks later.

So to take a break, I bought Sekiro today, as it’s currently half off the Microsoft store :metal:

3 Likes

Ha! That sounds like what I play as a break…. Hollow Knight…. :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ve hit a wall with Elden Ring…not a boss…the map. I have no idea how to progress. I’m in the big city. Found a bunch of shortcuts that seem to lead me back to where I started.
Found one of those awful corrupt tree things which was a dead end.
Seem to be wandering around in a sewer area with some bonkers grafted big guys that don’t give up.

dropped down some pipes and now fighting some big prawns. This also seems like a dead end…

Who is the last boss you have beaten?

Did you walk up the dragon statue?

1 Like

This happened to me also, spent forever wandering around until I found the one big door that I didn’t realize I could push open, also took me forever to find where that comet crashed. Its funny though I still feel like I am finding new places more often than I should at like 90 hours in

Well, I went and dealt with the eye of madness as per @Automageddon’s tip, and that was a rael adventure. Even with my best focus threads on I managed to die twice just before the tower, which meant very tense rescue missons - I could have gone back and cashed in, but it became a matter of principle. I only realised later that the rats can also apply madness - so a couple of times I was nipped by a rat, assumed I was in view of the tower and probably moved to a worse position trying to fix that…

And then after it was done I discovered there’s a much easier route you can take, of course. Then with the tower down it was another invader, another church, another dungeon, the giant hands… incredible.

I also beefed up the sword that heals with kills, and although it’s not that great in battle it’s a total flask-saver once you find a herd of sheep or a few birds, so that’ll be staying in my inventory.

3 Likes

I think some weapons are to op, so everyone uses the same weapons , i did abuse the wolfsword also, and later the moonveil , its a shame because with all the ashes the other weapons are also a good choice.

I had a 14 Blood Katana but I’m mostly using the Moonveil, just for cool as I don’t really use the spells. But if you use the mimic ash, then your summon will use the moonveil spells a lot…

The moonveil paired with the amulet that saves fp on weapon art is crazy op, i use it constantly because it breakes shield/poise on knights, they are canonnon fodder now. You have to set your shield to no weapon art so you can have both. (blocking, but not parry.) I still have problems with starslayer beast though.

1 Like

Bear in mind this is an early build of the game. All previous souls games had OP weapons and spells that were balanced. Enjoy it while it lasts. :slight_smile:

1 Like

But i need to be as OP as possible just to manage easy bosses! hehe

1 Like

I just got the Sword of Night and Flame. I also have a possibility to respec my character to meet the requirements for that sword. Not sure if i should do it. Im a level 60 something with 32 int, and 8 faith. Seems like a good sword for amateurs like me.

But been liking the moonveil katana. I also got the other katana, and use them in each hand. Then i can have the froststomp ash on one katana, and switch to two hand on moonveil for those skills.

thanks! this is what I was missing.

Ok, Googling that amulet now…

That’s what I’m expecting so just going all in with Moonveil and smashing folk. Haven’t used another weapon since I got it fairly early on.

I play offline so intend to finish the game before letting updates nerf things by next play though I’m definitely aiming for something very different weapons wise. Got all these weapons in my inventory I never look at. Same with the ashes of war. I’ll experiment In NG+ when I get there

Some are going to be mighty disappointed when they get to this game in a few months for the first time and a few of these weapons have been downscaled and things like the Mohg cheese are fixed!