FromSoftware Games Thread

I try and keep it PG most the time, but I swear like a salty sailor while playing any FS game. It’s the ultimate love/hate relationship for me

2 Likes

I can keep myself under control under difficult battles.

Not to brag, but I’m a programmer- so I’m used to sucking and dealing with the inadequacies of my ineptitude :sunglasses:

But when instant unhinted severe danger suddenly appears, i guess it sorta slips out.

3 Likes

I get scared every time I’m on the world map running around with the horse and suddenly my character gets off the horse by himself.
Invader npc coming.

6 Likes

I get scared with those arsehole chariots in certain dungeons. Whoever planned those out needs a smack across the back of the head

3 Likes

Dealt with Godrick, finally, and actually felt a little bad for him - I was overpowered, the NPC summon was wailing on him, and I threw a jellyfish in for good measure. I didn’t feel too bad, though, because it’s a Souls game and it thought nothing of popping the Tree Sentinel outside the starting area, so what’s sauce for the goose and so on.

And naturally the main rewards are two weapons that don’t fit my playing style, but I’m going to take them because 20k runes is just chump change really. Well, I might not take the axe, I’ll have to think about it.

Then I went on a long expedition and found the giant blacksmith, who was kind of underwhelming but I suspect the talisman he sells might work well for me. I’m on the lookout for a level 5 smithing stone at the moment, that’s my main focus.

One big change recently has been using the horse - I didn’t get on that well with it at first, but I’m all for it now. Not using lock-on was an important development there. I accidentally triggered the deathbird for the first time last night and ran rings about it, same as the giants. ER is definitely going to make going back to the DS games a tough proposition. I think the first will always work, but I suspect 3 is going to feel a bit awkward after all this.

1 Like

I found a few of them and never had the guts to just face them so I pulled a Sir Robin and bravely run away…

4 Likes

Ive got Godrick, Rennala, and Radhan all beat! The Radhan fight was soo cool, one of the funnest bosses ever. I feel like I’ve got most of Caeled and the lakes region pretty much explored and all the dungeons I’ve found so far cleared. I’m doing the second underground Nokron area now after finishing up Rannis quest. This game is awesome! I’m gonna focus on doing some coop and pvp before I head up the lift!

1 Like

Haha, I get that reference! Thanks for that!

Got myself hooked on Dark Souls 3 last night after starting again and basically getting to where I was after hours in my first attempt in about 20 minutes. Trying the sellsword twinblades build and have just been pumping points into dex, so I’m doing great damage but die after a couple hits. I’m liking this more than the defensive sword and shield knight style I tried before.

I basically want to play DS3, Sekiro and Elden Ring equally right now since they’re all pretty fresh to me. I appreciate the differences in each, and look forward to adding Bloodborne to the roster.

And his head smashed in and his eyes gouged out…

1 Like

‘… Brave, brave sir Robin’!

I had a go at Sellia Crystal Tunnel at level 46. Those prawns are absolute bastards. And the boss left me scarred.

3 Likes

Struggled as hell with radahn last time I played. Tried again today and barely didn’t take him on the first try. Got him the second try! :slight_smile:

I’m struggling with the fire giant now…

2 Likes

I think he’s next up for me. Pumped Margot on my first go though and found Leyndell a skoosh so feeling cocky

: Some locations listed here, but no plot elements.

The fire giant definitely messed with my head for min, thought I was hitting a hard wall. What worked for me was to respec some points into vigor just to keep from getting 1 shot. There are a ton of larval tears dropped by the iron balls at Nokstella if needed.

Additionally, I equipped the mimic tear with Shabriri’s Woe talisman to make sure that the mimic would hold the fire giants aggro even while i was slashing away with bleed weapons, just remember to unequip it after you spawn the mimic.

Aim for the ankle with the bone support, that’s it’s weak point. Bloody slash if you have it, stay close to the feet and just keep slashing. If it’s tries to attack, just make sure you roll at the right time and your i-frames should keep you safe most of the time, especially with the frost attack.

If you have it, save yourself some rot breath and torrent for it’s second phase, stay behind it and use rot breath until it catches the infection, then just ride around it in wide circles until it’s rotted to death. Once I started using this strategy, it only took a few more tries.

you can purchase rot breath from the Church of the Dragon Communion using a dragon heart which you can get from slaying a dragon or magma wyrm. You will need some faith and arcane to use it (15, 12 I think?), but it’s extremely useful for tough bosses, especially Radahn.

Also, mimic tear ashes is retrieved from exploring Nokran, Eternal City, even after the update it’s still an extremely useful summon!

2 Likes

Alright…about to try Margit for the first time on my new file. I grinded for a bit to level up to limit my runes to about 100.

Just found out about Guard Countering- this game is EASY. I’m absolutely sure guard countering will work just SPLENDIDLY against bosses like Margit

1 Like

That fire giant took me hours until I took the cheese route and walked him off a cliff.

3 Likes

them shrimp boys will fuck you up right until the end of the game, for real. that weird homing missile attack is pretty shitty.

2 Likes

nope lol

just overlevel, summon an ash and gg no re

2 Likes

Lol yeah no. I didn’t expect it to.

However, despite my defensive inclinations- the shield is borderline useless. I’ve had the greatest success two-handing my weapon and doing quick math on my phone to make sure my equip weight is less that 70%

I might do some refactoring to see if I can get it under 30%

1 Like