FromSoftware Games Thread

no need to do math. just equip and unequip things until it says “med. load” or “light load.”

i just respecced to power stance two great swords. had to pump the shit out of endurance lol.

1 Like

Just found my way to the Atlas Plateau. I should definitely NOT be there yet, but it’s beautiful!

3 Likes

That cheese has been patched out now apparently :cry:

I got there last night, picked loads of the blooms and fought a boss. It’s pretty. :slight_smile:

So I took advantage of the Mohgwyn Palace giant bird rune farm. Got from level 42 to 78 in about 15 mins. Hasn’t made me the god-hero that I was expecting, which is good actually as I wanted to preserve the challenge, but it has made things more manageable.

Also activated Godrick’s rune which is just awesome.

And searched the world for loads of Sacred Tears. My flasks are now 8 +7 so much better healing power.

1 Like

I’m still doing a lot of guard counters and it’s generally working well for me, but like everything else it’s very well balanced and requires constant re-evaluation and adaptation as the game progresses. I wore the GC talisman against the invader at Roundtable, and - when I finally managed to get a counter in - it was well worth it. But a number of enemies will just laugh at you for trying.

I haven’t made much progress recently - well, two new maps and a fair amount of Sites of Grace, but I’m not sure what my next major move should be. Riding at top speed past a whole bunch of dragons to get to the map piece was a highlight of the last session, but my new favourite pastime is to spawn next to the Impassible Bridge in Caelid, backtrack to the hill to the west of the guard tower and set off huge fights between the soldiers and the dog creatures - you get a good show and a pile of free runes. One poor sap with a short sword and a bugle put up a decent effort against two of them last night, the telescope paid for itself.

3 Likes

The shield and counter work really well with Barricade Shield, it has now been slightly nerfed, but still good.

I miss my old DS strategy of getting the largest shield I could carry, a nice levelled up magic spear and turtle my way through…

1 Like

I’m at fire giant now too. I gave him a couple of tries, but I’m just not in the mood for this fight right now.
Gonna go back and get some of the optional stuff I skipped and hopefully brute force him later in the week.

I’m considering getting a Maschine + or Mk3 but the decision is on hold until I finished this game.

5 Likes

That guy you invade in the Giants land with the 2 whips is a real PITA. Between him and fire Giant , this section can be tough. I am thinking I may try and get my level up to 100 and come back. What sucks is completing the volcano manor quest gets me the sword I want to use so I’ll need to figure it out soon.

1 Like

Wing of Astel curved sword totally wrecked this guy for me.
The Nebula weapon skill seems to confuse the NPC AI. They more often than not roll through all the bombs if you get the timing and positioning right.

I’ve had that for a while but haven’t tried it yet. I’ve got it set up on a spare heater shield, but I’ve come to rely on bloody slash a bit too much and never remember to do the whole 1h/2h swapping business. Must try it out on a few giants later.

Not sure if it was mentioned in the patch, but I think arrow distance has been reduced. I used to lure the early giant at the archway down by shooting him from near the site of grace (with fletched bone arrows), but now it seems I have to go through the archway to hit him, which can trigger his archer friends and cause any summons to despawn if you’re not careful. Not that it really matters at this point, but…

Oh nice. My build is faith based so I can’t use that one unfortunately. Not wanting to respecc or else that would be a great option. I love curved swords.

Blasphemous blade? There’s another way to fight Rykard without finishing the volcano manor quest. I got it last night, but it’s a tough road to get there (maybe not as tough as finishing the volcano manor quest though)

Yeah I really want that blade.

It’s an awesome sword. I’ve been using the Winged Scythe but am planning on switching between the Blasphemous Blade and the Scythe from here on out. There are some enemies that are resistant to Holy and others to Fire so it’s a good combo.

Minor spoiler about Blasphemous Blade/Rykard

If you go down into the basement of Volcano Manor and out the other side you can fight your way to Rykard, but there are some tough enemies along the way (particularly the Godskin Noble, who was tougher than Rykard for me). I haven’t checked if it ruined the rest of the Volcano Manor quest for me yet, but when I saw I was going to have to make it all the way to the Mountaintop of the Giants to finish it I looked for another way to get the sword.

Oh man thats so cool. Thanks I will try this. I also was thinking about the winged scythe. Been reading some guys main the blasphemous blade and a sacred sword so they have both. I like your idea of the winged scythe a lot. I’m currently using a +15 straight sword with golden vow which is cool but I need more punch at these higher levels.

1 Like

Blasphemous blade is fun, but its ash of war uses quite a bit of fp and is easy to miss if the boss is nimble.

I’m experimenting with power stancing two colossal great swords now. It’s pretty fun. Not so great against bosses, but I just instantly stagger every enemy and then wombo combo them.

1 Like

It’s a long winding path so let me know if you get stuck. It’s worth it, and the Godskin Noble fight is really intense.

1 Like

I FINALLY fricking beat that dang Magit and I honestly don’t know what I did differently the last time vs the last 20 times.

I guess the Blood Loss Ash on my weapon helped along with the wolf summoning. I was just fixing to die again(but less soon)

Glanced down at his health bar right as it was flickering away.

Man that was intense. The game can only get easier from here lol

6 Likes