FromSoftware Games Thread

I am having more fun and being more aggressive because I am not terrified of everything. :grimacing::laughing:

3 Likes

Iā€™m hoping that Bloodbourne gets ported to the PC. Been enjoying the Spider-Man and Horizon Zero Dawn games quite a bit since arriving on PC platform. Waiting for Elden Ring to go on sale. Iā€™ve finished the other FromSoft games and quite challenging fun.

It took me a restart on the game to actually play SOMEWHAT less timidly- at least enough to progress a little bit(im still crouching 95% of the time Iā€™m not on horseback

1 Like

It took me getting to the Atlas Plateau before I started to understand the general appeal of games of this challenge :grinning:

I get it. I canā€™t put the game down(not really, I got really frustrated at the ghost ship fight up there)

2 Likes

:joy: thatā€™s exactly it. I remember my first part through taking hours to pussy foot my way to the site of Grace past the Tree Sentinel near where the map fragment is. Genuinely hours. This playground I was there and hammering everyone with just a club in less than half an hour.

Rocking the Halo Scythe and Godsalyer Seal now. Great combo. Forcing myself not to do silly runs to dangerous areas to get better quality gear though - trying to play in the order it was (mostly) meant.

1 Like

I feel like a jerk,but the key to get into Reya Lucada- the one that was hidden under the dragonā€¦

Did anybody else just grab that and eff off or did everybody earn their key by slaying the dragon?

2 Likes

:joy: earned it!

Actually seem to have the knack for the dragons this time around. Think thatā€™s 4 defeated.

Did they nerf Radahn in an update? First timed him at level 60ish tonight which must be about 30 levels less than my first play through where things took dozens of attempts.

I have made more of an effort upgrading weapons though. Found the Mimic Tear much earlier this time too - not complaining Mind you

1 Like

They did nerf the Mimic Tear from what I understand, which on the one hand could be a good thing as it was ludicrously OP. But on the other hand, many of the encounters are so ludicrously unfair that I canā€™t imagine beating them without the OP Mimic Tear. :confused:

1 Like

I knew they had nerfed the Mimic tear a bit but the Radahn fight was an absolute skoosh this time around. More inclined to believe itā€™s a boss nerf rather than me hitting git gud levels!

1 Like

Rode Torrent in then out and didnā€™t look back until 30 levels later when I smoked that glintstone spewing fool! :laughing:

2 Likes

Thanks! I tried that thing so many times, one time taking what felt like 20 minutes, waiting for him to shoot and run up and smack his legs a few times. Doing such little damage(even with a bigger TV)

The comparison of the damage he could do to me with one shot vs what I did to him was stupid.

2 Likes

Haha yeah, maybe its all finally clicked and youā€™re attained god-tier skillz!

I look forward to playing through again but may wait until some single player DLC comes out. I have enjoyed watching some videos of the Colosseum battles but that sort of thing isnā€™t for me.

2 Likes

Bah! I beat a boss(albeit a fairly easy one)(the one from Caria Manor) and I saved and quit out of thr game.

Switched over to online services for my Xbox subscription.

Return to the game to find Rannia.

ā€œWe recommend manually quitting out of the game to conclude your play sessionā€

ā€œI did that!ā€

ā€œLoading gameā€

Back at the save point before the boss. Boss save point no longer available!

Ah! Dang it!

At least it didnā€™t happen for a boss like Margit at the beginningā€¦

Thatā€™s brutal. I find that even when I do quit properly I still get that error but I think only once have I been stung with it wiping out a big fight.

1 Like

Radahn nowā€¦Iā€™ve only got like 200 runes. There is minimal liability to losing this dang fight, but Iā€™m too nervous to go in :grinning:

1 Like

So whatā€™s a good class to start? I played Samurai, and was beasting, but you are locked into a small armor set.

Should I go knight? Iā€™m starting over because I messed up claiming the finger. I just cashed it in.

1 Like

Go for a mage, he is easy and gets op fast.

4 Likes

I would but Iā€™m in the mood to do some stabbing.

I live for the blade(tips fedora)

1 Like

Hmm any starting class can pretty much be morphed into any sort of build, I think the main difference is early onā€¦ sometimes having a little magic early on can be nice. I dunno generally I think people find fast weapons and magic the easier play style. I like big weapons and buffs so STR + faith not because it is the best but because it just feels fun.

3 Likes

This is good advice

1 Like