FromSoftware Games Thread

HOO!!!
It’s happening!

4 Likes

That soundtrack tho.

If only a new Front Mission would come out.

1 Like

Not into the sound?

For Front Mission, there’s a few remakes on the way, right? 1 & 2?
I missed out on those actually. I remember playing a PS3 Front Mission though that was pretty fun as an action game, but way more simplified in the customization end of things.

I love the sound. I’m a synth head.

And the last Front Mission in my opinion was the Japanese only one. I keep playing it on emulator.

1 Like

My bad, I misunderstood.

What system was that latest Front Mission for? I do a little bit of emulation too and I kind of want to look into that.
And is there an English patch, or are you reading Japanese?

1 Like

New Armored Core? My body is ready!!!

2 Likes

Some of the coolest music I’ve heard for a game in a long time!

2 Likes

its all good… I try to be clever and it backfires.

about the game though… its a PS2 game.

front mission 5 scars of the war (english patched) ps2 iso - I’m sure if you google this, a site may come up.

2 Likes

I haven’t played AC since Another Age on PS2. Miss it loads!

1 Like

I played it through ! 180 hours ! Never thought I would play a “From Software”-game through. Gaming since the 80s and this is the freshest gaming experience since a decade ! Highly recommended. But I felt the pain 1000x times, but also the joy 1000x times.

2 Likes

Funny side-effect after completing Elden Ring. After some months gaming break I am playing now Horizon Dawn : Forbidden West. After Elden Ring its now like going on a vacation.

3 Likes

I started a fresh game this week. Again as a wretch but this time going down the faith route. Only 5 hours in and lots of fun. I’ll not end up as obsessed as I was from Release day but it sure is a wonderful world to walk through and explore

Nah, the longer I live out here, the more loose my English grammar gets.

Word! I didn’t know about that one.

I need to try some fancy magic or faith build. When I played it I was dual welding greatswords a while then katanas. Playing that way was fun, if a little vanilla. My style, not the game.

Speaking of revisiting these games, Bloodborne remaster when?

I’d love this too. I tried Bloodborne a couple of times back when it first came out. This was before any of the From games has really clicked and I gave up on it very quickly.

Eventually things fell into place a few Christmas ago with Dark Souls on Switch. Then Sekiro and then Elden Ring. I’d love to drop into a Bloodborne remaster especially if it makes its way on to PC and Steam Deck!

1 Like
4 Likes

Coming back to Elden Ring after months of not playing it is a lot like that Memento scene:

“Okay, what am I doing? I’m chasing this guy…no…he’s chasing me”

Last night I was like, “I don’t know where I’m going, guess I’ll start with collecting my lost runes…oh… mini-boss”

I have no delusions that I’ll actually complete the game, but its, let’s say, “fun” to explore the map.

This areas pretty! Hey! I remember dying trying to collect the item in this gondola guarded by three giant lobsters- smithing stone[2]…thanks Elden Ring!

Top west portion of the map, sneak past the tree sentenal looking thing, find a cavern guarded by a ghost looking thing- killed me immediately.

See you in a few months, Elden Ring :grinning:

2 Likes

I started playing again after 4 months off. I Love it more than I did before…better killing things from the start area, just really appreciate how amazing the game is.

1 Like

Yeah…I’m just BotWing it. Looking for lost graces like shrines. The plot being more lore based instead of more blatant assists in me not needing to kill myself to push on with the story.

Out of all the From Software games, Sekiro is the most accessible. Every time its time to level up I get decision paralysis.

2 Likes

I also started a new game a week or so back. Another wretch but this time going more for a faith thing. Slow to get going but 25 hours sunk, up to level 57 or so and enjoying it all over.

Amazing how much more aggressive I am in this run through. I haven’t hit many serious roadblocks but boy did I struggle with Rennalla vs my release day play through. Still amazes me the depth the game has too.

2 Likes