FromSoftware Games Thread

There is no best with From. Elden Ring is their masterpiece so far, simply because of how incredibly deep and open the world is. There is nothing like it. But is it the best? Tough call since the combat in Sekiro was next level (besides having to use the unreliable bumper so damn much).

Also anyone who played Dark Souls when it came out knows that was a game that changed gamers perception and expectations of RPGs - it was that good. It IS that good. The way the world connects all the way back to the beginning fire of the game is simply genius and I have never seen anything like that before. Just an amazing world design. It was a pleasure to beat that entire series, honestly. I own it on multiple platforms, remastered, originalā€¦nothing ever grabbed me as much as Dark Souls 1, and it basically had to since there were some incredibly challenging parts that took constant repitition to really get past.

5 Likes

Just made a Dunmer character in the style of Morrowind and discovered there are no options to alter the ears in the character creator.

How the hell are we meant to role play elves in the Lands Between?

2 Likes

So Dark Souls 1 is the best? :slight_smile:

Just kidding, totally agree with what you write here, I just love Sekiro a lot (the combat system is the most rewarding and engaging system I every enjoyed), but I love Dark Souls 3 and Elden Ring a lot as wellā€¦as I say, FromSoftware is one fantastic example of a company doing a great job and taking great pride in the art & product they create.

1 Like

I really should put my game station in my studio room. Nothing makes me want to tackle the frustration of making tracks like From Software and nothing makes me want to tackle the frustration of From Software games like making tracks.

Its a stressful spiral to either the top or bottom, depending how you look at it(Baleful Shadow- had him close a couple times, but then I got caught on a wall and couldnā€™t get distance enough to heal- now I canā€™t get him halfway. Iā€™ve got some music to make.)

2 Likes

Iā€™m playing Dark Souls for the first time right now. Despite hearing numerous time how great the level design is, Iā€™m blown away by how great the level design is!! I started playing it with a ā€˜I guess Iā€™ll check it outā€™ kind of attitude, but it is quickly becoming one of my favorite games!

3 Likes

I havenā€™t had the chance to play any From games since DS1, so of course I am biased, but yeah, I totally agree. There was something so foreign and mysterious about this universe, itā€™s haunting to this day.

1 Like

I want to try DS, too. Which one do you play?

Sekiro is my favorite too. Dabbled in DS3 for a couple months before Elden Ring was released and that got me hooked so I bought DS1, Sekiro and Bloodborne as well. They are all amazing but Sekiro feels like one of the most perfectly crafted games Iā€™ve ever played.

3 Likes

Iā€™m playing the remastered version, on ps5. I donā€™t have any older systems to play the original, plus the remaster is 60 FPS!

4 Likes

Sekiro is great but I like Elden Ring more. I hope that Sony ports Bloodbourne soon to PC.

1 Like

This effing game. Iā€™m down in thr capital sewers and just got hit with one of those floor Giant Fingerling traps. Scared me half to death.

These From games are way too well known for being ā€œtough bossā€ games, and not mentioning horror and 3d platforms RPGs as well.

I have to change my pants nowā€¦

3 Likes

The sewers area is mindblowing. Like no spoilers, but it goes super super deep.

3 Likes

Lol, im following guides online to complete quests(right now DungEater), its the spoilers that are enticing me to play the game oddly enough. :grinning:

3 Likes

Ah Elden Ringā€¦šŸ«¶šŸ¼

2 Likes

Lol, I apparently found the games easy mode. Mimic summon maxed out, moonlight Katana + 7 and spamming the single fire from it. One shot Morgott which feels stupid and anticlimactic after that first fight with Margit the Fell over 100 hours of gameplay ago.

Tho, I heard the late game difficulty spike is absolutely stupid. So, here we go i guess :grinning:

3 Likes

They want you to get cocky, broā€¦and then you eventually encounter Malenia, Blade of Miquellaā€¦:scream::scream::scream::wink:

3 Likes

I probably will, maybe(weā€™ll see how the end-game(am I even near the end game?)

Iā€™ve realized that losing 1000 runes achieved from a difficult boss hurts more than 20,000 runes achieved from casual enemy slaughter- does anyone else experience this?

1 Like

Keep descending!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been stuck on Commander Nialls for over a month. That goddamn lightning legā€¦

3 Likes

Lol. The biggest dungeon in the game is in some innocuous well? :grinning:

2 Likes