FromSoftware Games Thread

I just finished clearing the manor and having tons fun so far. I like it the best in the series so far after the original Dark Souls game.

2 Likes

Goodness, I just checked my time and Iā€™ve got 138.5 hrs on this file and I just recently arrived at the mountain of the giants.

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever gotten this much bang for buck out of a game EVER! MAYBE BotW by 1/2

3 Likes

First time round I went melee and never managed to complete the game. This time I went astrologer and the game is quite a lot simpler when the strategy is to stay back and dodge. Some of the spells also look great, makes for quite a different experience - high hopes of seeing the credits roll!

2 Likes

Oh dang, for some reason I was thinking you were meaning the battle in that Calid swamp, but now that I know where youā€™re referring to and I happen to be there- Iā€™m scared out of my wits. The suspense just to get to him is killing me :grinning:

Edit: nvm. Got to him. So much for easy mode :grinning:

I finally got to the ending section of the game, so I think its safe to say that Iā€™m halfway to beating it ! :grinning:

5 Likes

Which one is the ending section? :slight_smile:

Yeah define ā€œending sectionā€ as I clearly remember thinking I had done most of the story then finding out about 3 side quest type areas which took hours and hours along other side quests I hadnā€™t done.

Even with the play though I finished a week or so back I was still coming to new stuff. Jar Bairn & Jarburg wasnā€™t a thing on release day!

Must stop talking Elden Ring. Itā€™llsuck me back in.

1 Like

Crumbled Farim Azula

2 Likes

Take your time there and explore. Some nice stuff to find!

2 Likes

Yeah, thereā€™s still some stuff Iā€™ve been exploring since getting there. Seeing if I can up my levels before tackling the the main showdown.

But the hedgetree(or whats it called) is too difficult right now, and im too scared to explode the capital sewers.

Might jump back to the end zone and try to muscle the end of the game- something i never considered a possibility when I bought the game.

Supsr engrossing. I love it(now)

1 Like

The Elden Beast is a right bastard. Or at least he was during my first playthrough.

2 Likes

So you cleared the Haligtree region and Malenia? :scream::fist:t3::muscle:t3: well done!

Just read that part now. Keep at it, most rewarding win of the game in my book when you finally beat Malenia (it was for me!) and the Haligtree region is one of the most beautiful in the whole game.

Thereā€™s an excellent farming spot at Mohgwyn Palace or alternatively (less runes but also good, especially if youā€™re still on lower/mid-level) in the Deeproot Depths (right by the lost grace in front of the boss fight of the region).

2 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™ve been milking that. But I feel kinda bad every time I do that. They seem so peaceful. When the red guys attack me I think, ā€œyeah, they totally should Iā€™m brutally killing their friends who were sleeping and therefore havenā€™t donā€™t anything to meā€. :grinning:

At least in the haligtree, they attack me and that soothes my conscious to rack in the runes

2 Likes

But the Elden Best and Radagon were much, much easier for me this play through. I think I did both on my second attempt. Pretty certain this one is down to a patch nerf coupled with the blasphemous blade just melting enemies.

First play through and I had to use the cheese to beat Radagon. And Elden beast is as a total pain in the arse! I was also probably about 50 levels higher the top!

1 Like

The Haligtree is Elden Rijngs Blight Town for me. Just donā€™t enjoy that part - mostly down to it being heavy on jump sections which From games are typically terrible with!

2 Likes

For a few years Iā€™ve rarely cursed, when I did being mindful and purposeful when I did so.

It wasnā€™t until a week or so ago when I casually dropped an f-bomb and I wondered how that got back into my system.

As Iā€™m exploring the crumbling city, and an enemy jumps out from a corner, I yelled ā€œoh f*ck!ā€

Well, thereā€™s my answer.

Thanks FromSoft for making me a worse person :grinning:

3 Likes

Or just turn to your left and kill the giant bird down below with an arrow or spellā€¦ just hit him once and he jumps off the cliff and dies and youā€™re 11k up in runes.

1 Like

I found that out today. eMorally sound farming. I dig it

So closeā€¦so so so so closeā€¦had him to about a fifth of his health left and then that painful stabbing moanā€¦and back to the beginningā€¦

(So closeā€¦)

3 Likes

Man, eff this boss fight :grinning:

3 Likes