FromSoftware Games Thread

You got it, keep going, you’ll make it! Remember, it’s not unfair, only difficult. Keep studying the patterns with every run and try to use those observations on the next try! You’ll eventually get there and it will feel sooo rewarding…follow the grace of the Erdtree, Ashen One… :person_in_lotus_position::person_in_lotus_position::person_in_lotus_position:

2 Likes

Elden ring is my first FromSoftware game and I fell in love with it immediately, picked it up when I picked up the PS5 and so far I’ve put 100hrs into it (and still am not close to beating it)

I am curious though, coming from Elden ring which FromSoftware game should I play next?
Demon souls remake and Bloodborne are both available on PlayStation plus but I don’t know which one to dive into first or if there’s another better place to start.

What do you guys think?

3 Likes

I was in the same position as you (prob have close to 200 hours in ER (prob an underestimation)) and I went Dark Souls 3. Fun but different. Combat feels perhaps slightly more challenging? But it is rewarding. I do not find the lore and interesting, however. Not sure why.

2 Likes

I’ve done some looking into it. Bloosborne seems more popular, Demons Souls should be easier.

So I guess it depends on how you played Elden Ring which should be the next step.

Sekiro is also a good game, though its wildly different- but there’s no confusion about builds, it’s all about guiding you to how the game wants you to play it. So I’d consider that game as a contender. A lot of soulsbornes love it, a lot hate it. I see the appeal of it, but I haven’t beaten a boss pass the intro boss on it

3 Likes

I tried Bloodborne. Was too scary for me. But I am also a chicken.

DS3 had some jump scares early on that elicited cries of surprise (YELLING) that my husband kindly asked me to cease. Bloodborne, however, just scared the crap out of me. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I’m curious. The suspense of Elden Ring is the thing I both loved and hated the most of that game- how did Bloodborne ramp that up in a way Elden Ring didn’t?

1 Like

Hmmm… Well, there was lots of blood. And stuff about blood. And injecting yourself with scary blood. And the monsters were just… very intense. It was like Caelid levels of discomfort. But different. Very oppressive atmosphere because you are in a winding, narrow city. There is some dark humor thrown in here and there, but it’s not enough.

it felt more like being in a horror movie than a high, dark fantasy world like Elden Ring. In ER you could go somewhere else if you needed or wanted to; no such luck in Yarnham. I ended up looking up stuff about the game online and it just gets weirder and creepier. Like super creepy Lovecraft!

That being said, if you can stomach it, do it – the combat is really fun and faster/a bit more intense than ER (it pushes you towards risk taking in some ways).

But I am a chicken, bok bok, and would look over my shoulder while brushing my teeth after playing. :laughing:

3 Likes

I’ve seen the Nope video from Bloodborne where there’s a player shadow going down a well and then immediately pops back up, where the player goes down the same well- the camera shifts to see the surroundings, to see a massive nightmarish creature hanging from the ceiling.

I guess that’s pretty representative of the game?

1 Like

Lol, yup. Just google “Bloodbourne” “scary.” :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just started Bloodborne, and this is a really great description of it! Its so gross, but the combat is really fun and rewarding! But @Matthewsavant, if you have access to the Demons Souls remake, I would start there. It’s just as polished, if not more than Elden Ring, but it’ll introduce you to the slower pace of the older Souls games.

2 Likes

Sounds good, I think I’ll start there. Bloodboure sounds right up my ally as well in terms of set and setting, pretty excited about both tbh

1 Like

Today I showed my almost 7 yo son BOTW.

Except I have only played Souls games for the last year or so.

It didn’t go well.

You can’t dodge roll into Moblins for position, for starters. :rofl:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Oh, heck yea!

1 Like

I have played and finished all the FromSoftware Souls Games except for Bloodbourne and have to admit that Elden Rings was fantastic adventure and really awesome game! I am doing second play through to do the side quests that I missed and get the Frenzy Fire ending. My favorite weapons are the cool Elden Beast light sword, blood spear and Rykard fire sword.

1 Like

The lore of this game is just off the hook.

5 Likes

It feels like they waited for the Zelda name to come up with the name for the DLC :grinning:

“Tears of the Kingdom delayed till 7 months after the Elden Ring DLC”

Sure, I’ll get the DLC when it comes out, but it terrifies me. FromSoftware DLC, I’ve heard, contains some of the hardest bosses, and I still haven’t beaten the final boss yet- let alone Malena

2 Likes

Perhaps the scariest thing to know about Miquella is that Malenia swears he’s the most “fearsome” demi-god of them all. And after you spend hours trying to beat Malenia, well, what the hell is her even-more-powerful brother capable of?

Nope

1 Like

I just started a new character over the weekend, good timing I’d say!

2 Likes

Man I hope Nintendo feels the heat from FS. They need to up their game in many ways.

3 Likes