FromSoftware Games Thread

Think of it like Dark Souls meets Breath of the Wild, and you’re close. It’s an ambitious premise, but it’s also one Elden Ring more than lives up to. It has everything you’d expect from the developer — deep and challenging combat, complex systems, lore that’s equal parts beautiful and sad — and fuses it with an absolutely gigantic world that you can explore however you like.

Whelp that’s that: preordered.

3 Likes

I will now be checking out of this thread to avoid even review spoilers, but that just spiked my hype through the roof.

2 Likes

Same. And the entire hype machine tbh. I have lots of adulting to do before Friday.

See all ye fellow tarnished in the lands after.

a lot of 10/10 reviews :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Uuuugh just one more:

5 Likes

Holy sh_t! This game is landing with authority! I’ve not seen a 97 on opencritic in a very long time.
Preordering now…

6 Likes

This is no surprise to me. From always delivers, which is why I preordered and bought a Series X. Can not wait until Friday.

5 Likes

I knew it would review well but was not expecting this well. Can’t wait.

4 Likes

Zelda can never be called “kiddie shit”. a game is so much more than graphics. so many games spend SO much time of the look vs gameplay. Zelda’s design is among the top games of all time, where so many, tho great looking, are boring and predictable AF.

adding: this is not in reference to Elden Ring

I totally and completely agree. Im just saying for those who cant possibly do without 16k 320fps haytracing, theyll (now) point at Elden Ring to contrast how kiddie Zelda is.

Which completely misses the point of how much fun it is.

1 Like

looking forward to seeing what “haytracing” is like.
I bet it CRUSHES raytracing! :slight_smile:

and old story of mine was how I HATE HATE HATE toon shaded stuff. FUCK! that kept me from playing Wind Waker for YEARS. I finally took it up cuz of all the hype my buddies were giving it. and I will say that the gameplay was so phenomenal that I didnt even see the toon shade anymore. and I really started to appreciate how tite that game was. incredibly solid and engaging.

6 Likes

From Software stuff is phenomenal, this one must be a labour of love like few others. On the pre-order as well, I love their games, they are gripping, intelligent, vibey and a good challenge always.

5 Likes

After playing Breathe of the Wild, my biggest frustration was the repetition and meh combat. This format of game has been but a pipedream for years.

I flew out to Oregon for a little vacation, the laptop came along so I can play on the flight back east.

This game is going to destroy my music habits, but at least the soundtrack will keep me inspired

4 Likes

For real, though. I’ve been doing weeklybeats all 2022, and I’m seriously worried this will end my streak.

6 Likes

The game on pc is supposed to be very demanding.
This reviewer use a 2080 ti and say the fps drop to 10-15 sometime.

Hummm not sure if my pc is good enough :thinking:

Seems that it is not very optimised on pc. the graphics shouldn´t be all that demanding. If you can I would wait a littile and see if the improve on the performance, because it seems to become a massive hit.

damn too much good stuff at the moment, way too much. Horizon, elden ring, cyberpunk next gen, gt7 incoming, Total War Warhammer 3…what is going on, I really thought that the glory days of gaming were over

1 Like

Octatrack is the Dark Souls of samplers :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

14 Likes

This was not the thread I was expecting to have to fight OT GAS.

6 Likes

I’ve always been str faith for my main build in these games… always loved the force spell and a big ol club or greatsword to put in work with. Sounds like fire is attached to faith also now and some cool new faith spells.

2 Likes

This is more than capable and you won’t have any more issues than anyone else, regardless of their GPU (the stuttering should be taken care of Day 1).

Check the other specs too, though. RAM is vitally important, it seems. 12GB minimum.