1 Like

Teuffel guitars…they cost a pretty penny

1 Like

Looks like it :heart_eyes:

following up on this guys.
and this stays just between us.
they sent me a kitchen sponge.
I kid you not.
They immediately packed and shipped a green scrubby sponge so that they could claim the product was in transit, and deflect a return request. They even gave me the tracking number… When it arrived, I was confused, until I recognized the YW… tracking number on the label.
By that point they dissolved their website and reincarnated as a different bogus entity.

I had documentation of everything, including website screens.
I worked out a fraud claim with the CC company, so I got reimbursed, and I’m whole, probably better than I deserve.
Be smarter than me. :pray:

14 Likes

The Schimel Pegasus makes me want to design a line of swoopy fiberglass studio furniture.

7 Likes

Don’t worry, we were :smiley:

Kidding aside, glad it worked out for you, the entire market for fake goods is predicated on “well, I can spend hours, days working things out with my fraud department or I can eat $60” and most people give up before they work it out.

Your bank refunds you, the scammers already have their $ taken out from other victims in a different portion of the scam (chargebacks affect those who put up their merchant account for the scammers to utilize, those who create advertising accounts for Instagram/Facebook and expect to be repaid…

The biggest scammers are Facebook really, who let “algorithms” determine the legitimacy of any vendor and ad peddler (let alone the legal scams they push for their true customers.)

2 Likes

You are the smartest: you got a free sponge (delivered).

7 Likes

That’s a decent sponge, too. Even looks new.

4 Likes

16 Likes

Ooooh I’ve got one of those, they are beautiful. They take great photos too. Bulky by modern standards but the pictures are just gorgeous

Without the huge motordrive, it’s smaller than most DSLRs. Bonus music fact. The camera sound at the start of Duran Duran’s Girls On Film was an F3.

Also, it’s almost certainly the sound of the iPhone camera’s shutter.

3 Likes

19 Likes

Ohhh don’t get me started on cameras…

3 Likes

That’s reportedly the Canon AE-1

3 Likes

Ah ha, that’s great! I always thought it was the Nikon.

I dunno if this was posted here before, but I must say that the Instruo Scion has one of the most beautiful Eurorack designs I know.
The LED feedback of the tree is beautiful.

scion

12 Likes

This one’s from my grand-father. It’s a small consumer telemeter camera from 1976. Still works… but I don’t use it anymore.

8 Likes