Gear that is art

4 Likes

Most of the time I use loopers and extreme timestretching scripts like barcodes and glaciers. I’ve only had my Norns for a fortnight and I haven’t used it to its full potential yet. I make a lot of different music, but I use the Norns for ambient stuff.

I will make some videos in the future.

Me too, but the Norns is a nice addition.

1 Like

24 Likes

Looks like our laboratory equipment in school for sending current from one side to the other :sweat_smile: only a bit more expensive.

I’ve always been a fan of that Serge.

And Drew Neumann’s Modcan/Serge setup.

8 Likes

5vyram

2 Likes

Rabid Elephant, if you ever take off the faceplates,
the soldering and the overall construction ( chefs kiss )
Beautiful.

Basically anything that Axel Hartmann has been involved with.

1 Like

Looks dangerous…

5 Likes

you, Sir, have a very keen eye!

1 Like

I would agree with that up to a certain year. I heard that he had done some of the Arturia synths in recent years, and I think those are about as ugly as it gets. Anything prior to that though, excellence!

1 Like

Here is the list of Axel Hartmanns designs:

https://axelhartmanndesign.com/about/

And here is a timeline with pictures:

https://axelhartmanndesign.com/timeline/

(maybe we could start a seperate thread for his work…)

6 Likes

A few surprises in that list for me. Very cool! So yeah, I’m not into the Sledge, or Brute designs, but most of the rest are great!

1 Like

Oh wow. Yes, I’d completely forgotten about the Arturia and Sledge contributions. I was thinking all his lovely silver, foldy 90’s/2000’s designs.

1 Like

Been getting heavily back into Guitar, where my roots lie to be honest… had a big cull on all my gear and loving what’s left. These two are just stunning to look at, and play and a sound just as good

4 Likes

Acoustic guitar will forever be my favorite instrument. What brand is that? gorgeous!

Also, looks like you’re missing a few strings.

1 Like

I’ve always lusted for this analog bit crusher so I had to buy one to try for myself. I found this New Old Stock unit. Looks like art to me.

5 Likes

It’s in bass mode. Probably a push button on the back.

Haha, it does look like it’s missing strings! Must be the lighting, they’re all there last time I checked :smiley:

It’s a Lowden

1 Like

that looks “cheap” :slight_smile: :rofl:
(it’s beautiful)