Get ready…

Wasn’t there a video with loads of symbols ahead of M:S announcement? Hence the massive disappointment when it was first revealed

Edit: This sort of thing:

4 Likes

in the gif/teaser you can see a real square screen like oled ones, not a round screen as on the MS

1 Like

I think you’re on point for the most part, but the third bullet might be a stretch. His comment was a joke that the box that the synth comes in will stack with other boxes (as they are all rectangles). Very much his sense of humor.

2 Likes

:yum: what ever it is, I hope it’s stereo :laughing:

2 Likes

GAS!

4 Likes

yeah I more so got the impression that it might be a bit different form factor wise… looking at the gif again I am starting to wonder are we looking at a box with a knob based sequencer? that would certainly be cool to see from elektron.

BUT HOW WOULD YOU PLOCK?!

Word

let those engineers at elektron figure that out :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Ah, good point! Yes, I’m probably just getting my hopes up too much. (Can you tell I really wasn’t a fan of the Model:Samples?)

2 Likes

Between this and the baby yoda animatronics today…I just can’t.

2 Likes

F the NDA I’m down with OPP

2 Likes

It would be awesome to get more info about how this animation was done. Really cool stuff. Also thanks for giving something to look forward to Elektron. :fire:

1 Like

I can actually see this thing being that FM drum synth in model format like what was mentioned earlier. And then every one gets miffed that it isn’t something new.

While the Elektron people on the forum are like, “yeah…those sounds you liked from the teaser…you can MAKE those…with the gear you already HAVE…(geez…these people…)”

2 Likes

No worries, I’ve got my fingers crossed for a Digi form factor as well, but trying not to speculate or get my hopes up too much!

1 Like

I thought there was something to a notice I got last night.
About Elektron going to be at Perfect circuit for Q and A etc… bringing ESS and another individual.
Then to find this out…
But “ machines” … is interesting. Wish it were what most think. But the brain looking imagine seems to say a controller…mixer who knows

What did I miss with the reddit deletes etc

We need a summary further down this page
::highfives;:

Someone on Reddit linked to the trademarks filed by Elektron’s lawyer, so it could very well be a new model drum machine, or (hopefully) the Digistrike or Soundwave thingy.

Here’s the link: https://www.trademarkia.com/ctm/ctm-company-advokatbyrn-crown-ab-918237-page-1-2

3 Likes

argh I hate teasers …

1 Like

As much as I hope it’s the DigiStrike…it will be, to me, the worst Elektron name I’ve ever heard

3 Likes

So, scanning through and the top few hopes/expectations:

1. MD/MNM type device In one
  2. Model: “something”
  3. Update machines for DT
  4. Elusive OT mk3

If Elektron stay true to form then you can forget about any of that and it’ll be something random you never thought you’d need but get instant preorder GAS for.

Anyway, I’m lighting a candle for Red Means Recording. What a hero and an absolute tease.

5 Likes

:smiley:

1 Like