Get ready…

Model:Keys

4 Likes

I’m french two dude :smile_cat:

Well 22-02-2020 is a lovely date to announce and welcome the newest members to the Elektron family. (more clues to follow on insta???)

(?? Could it be that sequencer/mixer doubling up as a hardware (midi) controller like the OverHub and OverBridge combined into one? Crazy FX (SB WOW2-like) + trig mode to add to each seperate input channel in SYNC with the internal Sequenser (with SONG mode) ???)

Ofcourse 22-02-2022 is another fine date to look out for

My heads exploded. I thought that was Lars from LZX

Maybe I should have added ‘in the Netherlands’ then. :wink:

He’s not the help that we want. But he’s the help we need

That would be something to sell my kidneys over !

The animation is clearly John Carpenter The Thing inspired.

Elektron Digithing mutant-machine horrorsynth !!! my body is ready !!!

5 Likes

Revamped/Slimmed/Enhanced MnM and MD in Digi formats would make me weak. Lets do it Elektron!

2 Likes

Quite the contrary. If they release another Model: box, it would suggest that the first one was a big success for the company…

Imagine all the warranty claim attempts when people screw up the install :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aarh okay cool :wink:

This one is golden! Everybody is going crazy. Just reading every bit has been a blast!

2 Likes

I know this thread (and forum) is rife with opinions about the smaller and more simple boxes but the cold, hard truth is that lower price and higher volume is a safer business bet than higher price and lower volume. If something cheaper fails then there’s less risk, but if it succeeds there’s a bigger potential market. Someone here (probably smarter than me) said that companies need a spread of products and I think that’s wise. Still, it’s hard to argue that cheap-but fun is clearly working right now. If you don’t believe me then ask Korg (Volcas), Novation (Circuit) or Behringer (everything) because they’ve all sold a huge amount of units in the last 5 years.

For what it’s worth these companies have a tightrope to walk - they want to keep their customers happy but also keep the cashflow going. They don’t want to annoy you, they want you to be happy and enjoy their products but they also want to stay in business! I say this as a former employee of a small-but-significant VST plugin developer (with a number of friends still in the industry) so although I’m not an expert I can testify that these boutique companies work hard to deliver something good, keep innovating and stay in the market.

Have faith!

14 Likes

Bugfixes for digitakt please

1 Like

NERVE RACKING!..I just caught myself bitting my nails while reading the thread.

4 Likes

I am not 100% convinced that the announcement will be about new hardware machine/s

I think it could be some new software machines for Analog Rytm or some new software with machines for Digitakt.

It is not easy to launch new products these days, you have to do a lot of market research and financial analysis to make sure the new product will be profitable.

It could be the mk3 version of something already existing, Machinedrum and Monomachine maybe

1 Like

I hope it’s a song mode for the Digitakt

3 Likes

How could anyone be disappointed with a Model box with MM/MN machines?

7 Likes

I’m sure at least someone on here would find a way…

4 Likes