Get ready…

Omgomfgomg

Ahahah are they just messing with our minds this time? Not likely, but it would be funny.

They’ve finally integrated the machine with the carrybag! Total game changer.

6 Likes

Looking at the Thomann page source (yeah I’m a bit obsessed :wink: ), it looks like the MD and MnM links only link to the related search results for those terms, which understandably return the carry bags, rack ears and protective covers. Looking at the internet archive, the same MD and MnM links have been there for a long time. Presumably the page was only updated before the Machines were discontinued.

3 Likes

I think that’s a very good point.
I wouldn’t go so far as to say it’s over for the brand, but their strategists must be aware you need to have both your boutiques and Volca as well as your flagships to maintain brand.

You can’t afford to get a flagship wrong either but I’m not convinced that a string of Model: is going to be good for elektron.
Another tone/takt sized box makes sense.
A mid-range flagship.

Im hoping for a comeback and for the company to reach their glory days again . IMO the Model series is a mistake --the DT Keys and OT MK2, AH MK1 and MK2 are the best things they have made in past four years. Id love for them to expand their DT keys range , maybe a MM keys , DK keys

1 Like

Aah ok… good find. I’ll redact mine. But still it’s 31 products in the search bar while only having 30 products… so they have something there atleast

Yes, I read it in this thread after I wrote that. Though I don’t think it’s just gonna be MM and MD like. He also wrote that it would borrow something from every existing machine or something like that.
My hope is that it’ll also be at least 4 note polyphonic. But let’s see what it’s gonna be.

9 vs. 7 drum machines. Hmm…

2 Likes

This thread is golden

4 Likes

If you open up a digitone it is packed with 2 pcbs, filling the interior.
Digitakt in the other hand is half empty.

The first mystery new product in the series is an internal best-of mmm/md expander board for the digitakt!

Comes in a crinkley silver static bag with instruction manual. A 5 min no solder click-in self install and costs €299.

Having sold an absolute shedload of digitakts elektron wisely realised that a resell of an expander to those happy customers was a no brainer: the manufacturing cost is much lower than a new steel box with knobs, buttons and LCD, and this allows a chunk of available legacy code to be resold.

21 Likes

These teasers make great market research for what users want in a new product.

3 Likes

That would make me really happy!!

Hmm maybe it’s two of the same products but one with a dust cover or bag?

It’s the

• Digitakt SilverBoard expander (best of mmm/md) - €299

• Digitakt OctaBoard expander (resampler and FX) - €299

• Digitakt AnalogBoard expander (best of A4/AR) - €399

9 Likes

I’d buy them all.

Personally I’m hoping for a big box mixer for all our Elektron boxes with a sequencer for onboard effects.

3 Likes

oh we’re getting there already?

I’m sure it will be a nice bit of kit :heart:

Because many strikes and demonstrations these days. We french are popular to demonstrate a lot :wink:

For the love of God , let it be that digital drum machine in the Digi format !!!

1 Like

Plural? (The other MonoMachine organs harvested into seperate 'Digi’modules???Awesome!!!)