Get ready…

Is it a groovebox??? Is it an effects loop sequencer??? Is it a small mixer + FX??? Or a Drummachine, hence the percussive elements???

1st vid: Pumping analog eardrum, analog sound goes in and comes back out digitally enhanced, does it have sidechaining FX?

2nd vid: subs that make you scream and cry?

Aaarrggh! Can’t wait till it drops. Nice 80s like peter sledgehammer stopmotion teasers !!!

1 Like

This would be out of Elektron scope

Machinedrum extreme soundpack for model:samples
:smiley:

1 Like

Is the monster supposed to look like a 4? 4 machines? Yes please

Blush Response is playing at the unveiling event on Wednesday
…I just checked his instagram posts and he’s got some interesting gear in them…might be nothing new but one would assume he’s got to practice and will be including the new box as part of his setup???

1 Like

Vid a day until the 26th…? That’s several new machines. I like today’s guy, he’s mouthy. They all seem a bit veiny tho…

1 Like

Sounds like 2 channels with plock. Great… Simple! MD has 16 channels! 16 lfos!

From the two teasers, my money is on the DigiStrike or DigiDrum. Drum synth taking inspiration or DNA from MD. 8 tracks with 8 machines that can be switched in and out of each track. Really hoping it’s not modular - I can’t afford to start going down that route.

2 Likes

The new video sounds like at least two voices are playing at once, so I don’t think it will be mono? I agree with a previous suggestion that it will be like a volca drum but elektronized. I hope later teasers will expand the on the sound palette more though. So far it sounds like nothing that couldn’t be done with a DT and some quick mangling. The recent vid reminded me of a DT jam I did with simple 909 samples.

1 Like

Small, modular units similar to the POs? E.g. kick, perc, snare boxes with engines/machines based on existing products?

The machines are coming for you.

2 Likes

Certainly sounds like it from the teaser I’m hoping digidrum or new machine drum…

3 Likes

anyone know how true the model:samples teaser video was?
trying to see if the clues for this supposedly new device holds any merit.

IIRC, it had those letters and symbols that came as stickers with the M:S and words like Kick, Cymbal etc.

3 Likes

This is a digital drum synthesizer. Eurorack is a possibility as some have said. But it’s a digital drum synthesizer either way.

4 Likes

A lot of the symbols were taken directly from the interface too. So it was pretty damn accurate imo :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Model : Machine

4-6 track sequenced polyphonic digital synth with multiple synth algorithms (good for mono, poly and drums), more FX, a sequencer feature which creates chords and an arp. An OS update for M:S including some of the new features in the model series OS. Like parameter locks over midi.

6 Likes

I have to say, as limited as these two teasers have been, I’m loving these sounds.

2 Likes

that doesn’t seem too far fetched @redmotion
might even be spot on.
should win a free model:machine if its a bullseye