Get ready…

Really hoping for a drum synth to pair with my DT. The 01/IV has been so tempting, but I want to see what’s on offer from Elektron first

1 Like

Model: Ear , effect machines

To my ear the demos are soundwise not that groundbreaking, they sound like nothing new. It could be Digitone, Digitakt, A4, AR. From what we can hear there would be quite an overlap in terms of sound with other Elektron products… However, after hearing the audio tracks from each teaser mixed down to one (by someone about 600 posts back), I really start to believe, that we are talking about a mixer, some sort of hub for all the machines - thats the “meet the machines” as meet them in one device and to mess them up again in that box. Thats why the mixes do fit well and give you superb track. Some kind of a mothership to our Dn,Dt,Ot etc now cluttered on our desks and zillions cables. OT is cool but already has too few INs to our needs. My 5 cents. If its M: Something then I do believe its not going to be well received with the hardcore Elektronauts.

4 Likes

I love my OT as a performance mixer but stereo synths eat up the inputs so fast. Really I ought to just get a second one instead :upside_down_face:

For what it’s worth, I don’t think it’s a performance mixer. If a community wants something too badly, it’ll come out years later and as a VR game. That’s what Half Life 3 taught me at least.

6 Likes

I get why a few of us want that mixer but I just can’t see something like that being particularly economically feasible for a company of Elektrons size.

Id imagine a mixer should slash the potential market substantially due to various reasons to the point that it becomes quite the risk.

At least my credit card would be safe though. No interest at all in a performance mixer.

Wave table
Just watched the first tease with no sound and the “tumor” is waving…

What does new even mean these days?

Who are these hardcore Elektronauts that are so desperate for feature complexity that they get upset when :3lektron: releases another entry-level instrument? Maybe they should look into a Cirklon and a modular. Or a second/third octatrack.

3 Likes

not-analog-heat kind of thingy :upside_down_face:

Model:Samples:Keys

Don’t ask why.

Why?

Sorry.

1 Like

Ooh I see Elektron employee typing!!!

I missed it! Who was it?

Damn. Scared him away, sorry all

1 Like

:eye:

Eangman…

ab

27 Likes

from memory the Model: Samples had those ‘Just’ ads prior to its announcement. Just Digitakt. Just Digitone etc. just… ModelSamples. And thereafter it was at Namm for a proper launch yeah? I wonder if that will go down here. Like we’ll actually get an email either today or tomorrow as the soft launch. Otherwise if it’s all out live stream launch that seems like a big deal. Generally Elektron aren’t afraid to launch products with a simple email and a couple social media posts

:rage: sent me scrambling to the Elektron twitter

1 Like

I have five Elektron machines so I guess I count as a hardcore Elektronaut? One of them is the M:S, and I love it.

1 Like