Get ready…

Totally. If you have a DT, DN, maybe AH, and a capable DAW for OB, you can do anything. Hell you can do some great live performances with those boxes alone. I love the Model:samples as my primary drum machine, but it would killer to have a box like it, but drum-synthesis focused.

In this day of age, if you want to make a great track, you put it all into a DAW and mix it. I am of the audience who doesn’t want a box to do a bunch of stuff to go DAWless, but something that either slingshots my creativity, or I can easily transfer my ideas into an awesome live performance.

4 Likes

I admit it. I also accept I will never change lmao. I am very minimal in the rest of my life. I’ll just build my house out of synths

3 Likes

Weird…you can hear size. Unique talent.

3 Likes

I like the retrig slide button :+1:t6:

This is amazing movie that people should watch before fighting on forums or on youtube comments, thank you for posting it

3 Likes

Ironically I haven’t seen it. I need to as well! I just know about it! I’ll rectify it this week!

2 Likes

oh man, they live is so good :ok_hand:t4::ok_hand:t4::ok_hand:t4:

4 Likes

I saw it in the theatre when I came out hahaha. So badly good.

2 Likes

It’s not that unique. Every girl I’ve talked to over the phone has that ability before they cancel our date

18 Likes

Just don’t mention you like eurorack instead of 5U. They only care about the knob size. Never about the sound

1 Like

Wouldn’t that be over bridge going out of beta ?

I’m going to guess it’s a model: line synth/drum unit, a little bit MD, a little bit MM, a tribute of sorts maybe. Definitely not a flagship unit (which I know most we’re waiting for, in some form or another, OctStudio :nerd_face:) I’m only assuming it’s a Model: Machine due to it being the only product tier with one product. The synthesis sounds simple, fun, enough complexity to snatch up the below $500 market, Which if that’s the case, from my perspective, that means we might just getting closer to some flagship level machines this year. We just have to except Elektron has to diversify their brand to grow, they’re all grown up now, flagship models take time and are risky to release, sure shots are necessary. I’ve been purchasing Elektron machines since the sidstation, but it takes more than Old opinionated dudes to help keep a company going

10 Likes

I start to wonder if they are going to side step all their current form factors completely and come out with something altogether different. Like 3 tiny square devices to go together. Or possibly, euro format stuff in a case they make that combines as a single machine. I’m doubtful of the latter, but could see waldorf style little square things (model materials style - ie plastic) being released

Me too.
It’s 100% new Octatrack

2 Likes

That happened with me and the analog heat lol

1 Like

Feel like we won’t get a sequel to the MD until 2022–20 years since the MK1 was released

1 Like

From Perfect Circuit : Elektron brings Ess Matisson, the designer behind the revered Digitone synthesizer

Is it clear now that it is going to be a Model : FM or Model : Operators?

https://www.perfectcircuit.com/events

2 Likes

granular synthesis machines, it’s been asked for long and a given for a sampler like the octatrack

1 Like

An Elektron bread maker. And maybe a rice cooker.

The monosodiumglutenate machine.

6 Likes

It’s a Model: Machines

6 tracks, each with a digital macro oscillator similar to Plaits - think how few knobs it has yet how sonically expansive the plaits is.

Thats what the machines are and each video is a clip from one of these machines.

There will be several more clips covering the different synth engines.

And of course: an elektron sequencer and FX.

14 Likes