Get ready…

Elektron:Gwar

Daily information flow
processed in the form of an urban image …
Nice trailer for this groovebox

5 Likes

Maybe we are all just Digidumb

3 Likes

How many sleeping pills should I take until the 26th?

5 Likes

That was a nice thread spike…now time for nap.
Need to be focused for the reveal so I can critique minor details that I don’t really care too much for, but because it’s fun.

4 Likes

So disappointing

All existing Elektron machines available. 4 tracks. :content:

3 Likes

As far as the sound goes i can only speculate model machine.
I hope that’s not all it is…
However the model samples is actually cool and I have said, if they make a model fm drum I will buy…
No matter what there will be so many disappointments.
Bring back the machine drum 2020
Vibrating with love and light
Huh?

1 Like

All new machines, but with an Easter egg where it will load the latest MnM firmware.

The developers play coy, “oh! Well how about that? Zany…”

3 Likes

I personaly don’t care if it sound like other one. If this new machine is a simple and usable fun machine like DT or MS I’m interrested. Complexity is for computer.

1 Like
12 Likes

The jail house procedure

Are Elektron the only company that takes pleasure in teasing its fans? Its sadomasochistic behaviour on a corporate level.

5 Likes

I’m hoping it’s another Digi box or a remake of the original MD. If it’s a Model: my kid will be happy. His fist instrument was a Circuit, he had a hard time getting into it. So I sold it and picked him up a MS and he loves it. Perfect Elektron starter device and also fun for on the fly stuff.

1 Like

Two things for sure that Elektron is getting better at:
Reverb, and teases.

11 Likes

Sounds amazing. No song mode. Eight anti-ambient machines.

7 Likes

The other reason I think it’s an MD/MM combo of some sort is that they don’t currently have ANY non-analog non-FM synthesizer products, nor do they have any non-analog/non-sampling drum machines.

A digi form factor combination of the two would sell hugely I think.

4 Likes

I reckon model fm, model drums of some kind and the 3 elektrons given away at perfect circuit will be these two plus model samples. Can’t see them giving away 3 expensive machines.

I’m hoping elektron stand up at the presentation in front of a large table, dry ice smoke curling around it, covered in a silk burgundy sheet, clearly hugging a large number of machines resting tantalisingly beneath, blinking lights visible through the fabric…

/drum roll/audience quietens/

And then the Cenk whips off the sheet

"Here, my friends, meet … The Machines!’

The crowd applauds, cheers, surges forward and then focuses on the table, eyes wide.

There is …
a digitakt,
a digitone,
an analog rytm,
an analog four,
an octatrack,
a monomachine,
a machine drum,
even a sidstation and a model:samples.

The crowd focuses on the presenter again, eyes twitching, mouths downward. And the presenter begins - 'Many of you may have these machines already, today we are going to introduce you to how to actually use them, rather than just ‘have’ them, record 4 bar loops and then go back to the internet.
First hour: Octatrack 101 … followed by a short coffee break, then Octatrack: Lockless Trigless Conditional Recording Trigs … ’

35 Likes

Is a Machine a musical instrument? Discuss.

3 Likes