Get ready…

Why would they, all of a sudden, refer to operators as Machines?

1 Like

I always find people complaining about how portable elektron machines are as a drummer hilarious . Lmao

1 Like

If I am going to make a new prediction I am going to say 6 track machine based box, inspired by both the machinedrum and monomachine but not reusing any of the old algorithms. Probably Digi range or a new one off design format, priced below the analog line. I think there is some potential for a single largish velocity pad for performance input not sure why I think this though. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

For me the Machines stand for device/gear. It’s gonna be the same Machine (Model : FM) in 3 different colors.

If this is based on MD/MnM, let’s pray they dig up Hector to show it off :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I just get excited by all the possibilities :smiley:

RMR said that it wasn’t multiple units, but machines referred to the classic Elektron term for an engine

4 Likes

Unlike the Heat’s teaser video which came out 2 months before the product announcement, Elektron is giving us under a week of teasing on this product.

And there was just the one video plus a few cryptic posts.

I kinda really liked that ultra long slow tease.

2 Likes

Sorry, but Tom is the new Hector.

1 Like

It was certainly a fun period, but man that was rough(also, it felt much longer than just a couple months)

Last weekend i was at a party where a guy introduced himself as not-Tom because he looked so much like Tom.

1 Like

Wait… what… 3 machines… classics, al the sounds in the teasers… and it must be 1 unit, then its a digisize silver classic with a MDmachine, MNMmachine and a SIDmachine in there… it must be…

1 Like

I know but they want to fool you by using this term (Machine)

because that was Elektron’s original synthesis format…both the MD and MM had simplified synthesis models, efficient with relevant timbre options and scope, but restrictive in comparison to say a fully fleshed out synthesizer. the Machine format allows for great flexibility and immediate results. The MM’s fm+(Multiple fm structures), sid, digipro and so on.,.

1 Like

I thought the AH tease was too long. Things really entered the twilight zone with speculation and, in hindsight, hilarious degrees of hypothesising and fantasy. By the time it was announced it genuinely did feel disappointing in a “is that it?” sense which was unfair to the AH.

This tease is walking that fine line well. Interesting visuals and audio, nobody is getting too carried away and less than two days to go!

I just hope RMR is ok :joy:

5 Likes

DigiTom you say?

1 Like

It must be a machine to surpass metal gear

5 Likes

I hope worrying about RMR’s well being becomes a long lasting meme on this forum

11 Likes

wondering if I go into raccoon mode tonight I’ll be up for the reveal.

these time zone differences can be confusing with lack of sleep.

3 Likes

Maybe it will just be color editions for the existing Model:Samples

1 Like