Good drone VSTs?

I’ve only used Fundamental in Ableton Live Suite 10.1, and it works pretty well for me (I’ve had a couple crashes related to the first category below). I am on a very recent Windows 10 release. And I literally got this email shortly after your reply hit my inbox:

Fundamental V1.1 is released, and has more MPE-mappable features.
Also, in the fixes category:

• Presets which could lead to crashes due to bad parameters values have been revised.
  • External modulation of Fundamental plugin parameters with modulators were leading to crashes on some DAWS.
  • Pan controls were acting inverse.
  • There was a CPU bottle neck on the triangle waveform distribution of GENs/
  • The area below the presets panel could change the presets when clicked.
  • On Logic, the Trig state was turning off when opening the GUI.

So maybe it will work better now.

Organism 8 is an attempt to recreate the structure of Soma Labs’ Lyra-8 in Reaktor. Since the Lyra-8 is highly revered among drone/experimental heads, it’s probably worth a look.

For Mac users, Gleetchdrone (scroll down) is worth a look, and also inspired directly by the Lyra-8.

3 Likes

I could sell you my Dreadbox Antiphon :slight_smile:

Re: Paul Stretch, which is very cool, Paul Stretch was also ported to a free VST… (for those that didn’t see the recent PaulStretch thread topic, I know you did @og_tea_boi )

Hehe the thing is I already have it in my eurorack case but I want to create different setups based on laptop for carrying less equipment at gigs. I prefer eurorack but sometimes there are no easy conditions for bringing my 104hp around specially when need to take a flight or similar.