Good groovebox app for ipad/ iphone

Guys

Can you recommend any good iPad groovebox type apps, not researched for ages and it’s a bit of a minefield on the App Store.

Xenon is my favourite but has no midi sync, I’ve tried gadget and electribe, Mpc, auxy etc and just wondered if I’m missing anything that’s really good.

Cheers

Beatmaker 3

Patterning 2 is my favorite.

Perhaps not as full featured as others, but very capable with the right samples.

iPad only, sadly.

1 Like

Cheers, will check them both out, patterning looks more up my street, does it sync to midi clock ?

Indeed it does, and quite well at that.

I also like Patterning but haven’t upgraded to version 2 yet. I don’t really accomplish anything on the iPad so I’m shying away from any new purchases.

Not strictly a groove box more of a Daw but currently enjoying Nanostudio 2 - the onboard synth is genius

Caustic

1 Like

Groovebox (!)
Beatonal (!)
Figure
Reason Compact (!)
KRFT (!)
Triqtraq (!)
Klimper
iMachine
Electribe Wave (!)
iElectribe
nanoloop
ElasticDrums
Pure Acid
dot Melody
Auxy
Beatwave
Caustic (daw)
Egoist (!)

love it too!
I like the design, and easyness!
And you can install it on your computer too!
Not bad!

1 Like

Cheers guys, patterning won’t work on my older iPad but caustic will, will check out some of those on your list too murks, thanks

I like the modular synth and the wave editor with ‘secret’ SFXR to create mental noises!

1 Like

That’s the best one I found. Truly amazing library of synth engines and a great export feature that allows for ableton live integration.

Many swear on grooverider. it‘s like an electribe.
Never tried gadget, I didn‘t like that you can‘t use other apps in it.
Maybe I should have tried it instead of buying many single apps that I don‘t use now

1 Like

Just watched some groove rider videos. Seems to be how a classic groovebox should be.
Sounds great and even has trig conditions

Been checking out some groove rider videos, pretty Impressive, this one is great

Gadget is the gold standard imo. Korg charges actual gold for it. It is also more of groovebox / daw hybrid.

BM3 is also more of a hybrid but plays with others

I hear good things about nanostudio and grooverider

Stroke Machine is worth a look

One of my all time faves is Protein der Klang but it hasn’t been updated for years. Still works though.