Good looking mic? / vegetables

It’s called an interview… creepy depends on the context I would say.

I talk to people all time on the street and on occasion I would like to have a more formal interview of what was discussed.

1 Like

I’m not assuming it’s creepy, but it’s more fancentric than legally binding is the impression that I get. “things are going well” is the tip off that you want things to continue going well after the recording begins.

although from an outside perspective its hard for people to know what to think.

just saying, from having spoken to you I don’t get the impression you’re delusional. Delusional is thinking things will be going well when you’ve cornered someone and are breathing heavily, so I imagine the context is a relatively relaxed exchange and you just don’t want it to go sour when you pull out the neumann clone and say test test

1 Like

True. I probably should of said these are mostly conversations about vegetables.

No, don’t change your tack now.

You clearly suggested that the person to be recorded would not otherwise see it coming. An interview is something you ask for, preferably ahead of time.

I’m out of this conversation. It’s already off-putting, and you don’t even have a mic in my face.

Cheers!

2 Likes

I am a vegetable, you may have to be more specific as to the nature of the tuber.

1 Like

I believe OP is in NY which is a one-party consent state? But regardless of the law, ethically it is always a good idea to get firm consent.

1 Like

Well, that is matter of miscommunication my part.

I live in the land of sunshine and written consent, sorry for my faux pas. but yes ok, it is ethically and in practice a good plan to secure consent.

…if some small standard fieldrecorder or phone will not do the trick for u, nothing will…
and the title remains weird as the intention not to mention the question itself…

while best looking meets best sounding, when it comes to mics…that batman belt gadget design of a sm7…almost as familiar as a phone by now, in these everybody runs a podcast days…

1 Like

OK, now we’re getting somewhere.

Clearly you need a cardioid mic to discuss artichoke hearts, and a ribbon mic if you’re using a peeler, and …

this joke worked better in my head

4 Likes

Actually, that’s not so far off as I would like to have a recording of the mic rummaging in the vegetable bag of each willing participant but asking anyone to peel something is a line I would never cross.

2 Likes

What’s going on here?

3 Likes

I was with you till you said this.

2 Likes

I can help.

Senheiser MD441

Super cardio, looks awesome, works great in shitty rooms.

3 Likes

that mic looks like it could trim your beard on the double

2 Likes

Someone’s been watching Kentucky Fried Movie!

I’m curious about this vegetable project. A field recording/found sound cover of the Beach Boys’ ‘Vegetables’? Keep us all posted!

2 Likes

I now desperately want to hear some of these vegetable conversations! Please keep us updated OP.

1 Like

I am in the EU, and here voice recordings are also systematically considered personal data, which cannot be collected and processed without consent (outside some clearly defined exceptions).

2 Likes

Thank you. I had my eye on one of those for general use. It has a bit of a Bob Barker look to it.

Remember everybody, to spray and neuter your pets!