Got to visit Perfect Circuit for the first time

I’m in Los Angeles for a few days so I got a chance to visit Perfect Circuit for the first time today.

I got a chance to play and noodle around for a good hour plus with a whole bunch of instruments I’ve been interested in including the Expressive E Osmose, the Pittsburgh Taiga, the Melbourne Instruments Nina, and the Kadomo Mask 1. I had an absolute blast!

Those of you living in close proximity to Perfect Circuit or a store of similar caliber, don’t know how lucky you are to be able to test a huge variety of instruments in person! Run of the mills music stores like Sam Ash, Guitar Center, etc just can’t compare…

13 Likes

I’ve had the fantasy of a month in Fort Wayne.

3 Likes

it’s still in The Valley.

‘I’ve had the pleasure a couple times. It’s absolutely lovely.

I had the (mis)fortune of going there for work once. Sadly didn’t have time to see Sweetwater.

1 Like

I don’t think Burbank is technically “The Valley”, at least not in the Moonunit Zappa sense (i.e. it’s not the San Fernando Valley)

3 Likes

But she lives in, like, in a really good part of Encino, so it’s ok…

1 Like

Just wanna say that she’s a good friend of mine and is the nicest coolest person.

6 Likes

And I love perfect circuit. I do feel fortunate that I live 30 min away. Close enough to go frequently but far enough that I don’t do too many irresponsible impulse purchases!

4 Likes

That’s 30 mins away by private car, 4 hours away by public transit

1 Like

Whenever we fly to LA, we always fly into Burbank, you know, because fuck LAX. I’m always telling myself we should hit up Perfect Circuit before driving to LA. I have yet to follow through :confused:

1 Like

says the man who has everything

Nice! I plan to make a so cal music store road trip at some point to hit all the great synth and guitar shops like Perfect Circuit, Analog Haven and Noisebug. I’ve bought tons of gear from them so hope they will be glad to see me.

1 Like

a little like this is what I expect when I’ve spent a lot of money.

5 Likes

That’s pretty special treatment. I typically just get a call from my Sweetwater “Sales Engineer”.

3 Likes

the heavy breathing and baleful guitar riffs of your sweetwater representative on the other end of a fuzzy speakerphone at 3am really make you re-evaluate the merit of the free candy paradigm…

7 Likes

every day :confounded:

1 Like

My preference is certainly baleful breathing and heavy guitar riffs.

This I will never re-evaluate.

3 Likes

I’m over a thousand miles from Perfect Circuit (or any good synth store for that matter) and I’m mad at every single mile for it.

4 Likes

I had some bad luck - I had a gig in LA in February but it was the week of the flooding and unstoppable rain and snow! So I didn’t get to Perfect Circuit. I did get to Super Mario World though and enjoyed that with an edible, so basically the same experience.

2 Likes